Looking for Advice

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Gold member

am pretty sure you can plant hedges up to 4 feet high - stuff grows FAST here, and there are many beautiful hedge plant options, many flowering.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:01 AM
Default how many dogs?

how many dogs is one allowed to have in TV? is there a weight/size restriction?

thanks,

sonja
Old 03-10-2011, 07:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsonja View Post

thanks,

sonja
Two dogs per homesite - at least that's what's in the Deed Restrictions for where our house is located. I believe that's consistent across all areas of TV. But if you want to confirm, simply check the Deed Restrictions for your property (or a property you're considering). You can do that by going to www.districtgov.org . Click on "How Do I?" at the top then click "Download My Deed Restrictions". Pretty self-explanatory from there. You will need to know the county, District number, and Section info.

Bill
Old 03-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

JSR22, I just want to say that the choices for new homes and used homes will still be here a year from now and two years from now and three years from now, so please don't feel pressure to choose something in the week you are here. The choices aren't going to be better now, there is a huge area opening up on the south side of 466A and the person who sold us our home, Jim McLaughlin says that they will be selling lots over there midyear.

I just say this because we had researched homes, areas in TV, and models for six months, daily checking the offerings on The Villages website and those of realtors too, before coming down here and we had a pretty good idea of what we wanted. We found something we thought was a great house, good location and good price. (A Camellia at 228K with privacy behind) That was three years ago this month and one can still find the same model with the same surroundings for about the same price today.

Don't feel stressed. Enjoy your visit and take your time to familarize yourself with the new areas and look at the older ones too.

I KNOW you will find something that will make you happy.

Kindest wishes,
Gracie. Who loves it here.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Thank You. Our goal is to find property in a location that we really like. If we don't find property I will be back in November. We plan to move sometime in 2012.
I spent a lot of time last night looking at the models and watching the virtual tours. There are several models I really like. When I looked at ready built homes for sale a number of them were more than $125,00 than the base price. The highest price seemed to be the homes that have full golf course views which I can not have because of my dogs. How expensive are the lots?
Thanks,
Jeanne
Old 03-10-2011, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Thank You. Our goal is to find property in a location that we really like. If we don't find property I will be back in November. We plan to move sometime in 2012.
I spent a lot of time last night looking at the models and watching the virtual tours. There are several models I really like. When I looked at ready built homes for sale a number of them were more than $125,00 than the base price. The highest price seemed to be the homes that have full golf course views which I can not have because of my dogs. How expensive are the lots?
Thanks,
Jeanne
On a plot map the lots are listed from O to over 300K depending on the view, not necessarily the size. The O lots are generally "interior lots" or with what people here call "kissing lanais". Lots backing onto a street are more than those backing onto another home.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsonja View Post

thanks,

sonja
Sonja, yes the ruling is two dogs per household, but if you have more and are concerned about that, I had three upon arriving in TV and was "grandfathered" in with the three without any problem from the villages at all. However, two of mine were very old and they did pass away since I've been here, but I only replaced one, so now I'm legal at two. Mine are mini-schnauzers but I don't think there is a weight or size restriction. A couple on my street have a great dane and I've seen many large dogs here in TV.

Good luck!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 03-10-2011, 02:58 PM

thank you so much for the info...my dream is to have a pair of cavalier king charles or english toys....but we will have to see...i am so ahead of myself!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.