First visit in July!

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Default First visit in July!

I am coming to TV in July with my daughter. If we want to play tennis, do we have to bring our rackets or can we get them at the tennis courts? I have been reading great information about the Lifestyle Preview Plan and can't hardly wait to head south from NC for 5 days.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:53 PM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhardister View Post
I am coming to TV in July with my daughter. If we want to play tennis, do we have to bring our rackets or can we get them at the tennis courts? I have been reading great information about the Lifestyle Preview Plan and can't hardly wait to head south from NC for 5 days.
They usually have equipment in the equipment sheds at each court but you may want to bring your own.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:30 PM

Thanks so much for the reply!
Old 06-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Gold member

I would call a Rec Center about tennis rackets. The eqpt shed has bocce stuff and pickleball paddles (usually wood ones - regular players use fiberglass or other), and shuffleboard stuff.

I cannot imagine they provide new tennis balls, and not sure about rackets. Call the main number on thevillages.com and ask to be connected to the closest rec center (where you expect to play), and ask. Or better yet, try pickleball for something different. If you play tennis, you have a step up on other beginner pickleball players.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:57 PM
Sage

Bbhardister,
Welcome to TOTV! TV is all it's cracked up to be. Enjoy your visit and please tell us all about it!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Sage

BB:

First of all, to TOTV.

You didn't ask but this was posted by Indy-Guy as to things to do while visiting TV.

I hope you have a great visit in TV.

Indy-Guy
I have posted this before sometime ago and perhaps posting it again with some updates will help you out.

1. The best nights at Lake Sumter Landing are Tuesday and Thursday. These are the nights of the best entertainment and the Vendors are there those nights that is why they have the best entertainment.

2. The best nights at Spanish Springs are Monday and Wednesday. These are the nights of the best entertainment and the Vendors are there those nights that is why they have the best entertainment.

3. To me the best night at Katie Belles is Monday night. You need to make reservations so check with your host to find out how to do this. By far one of the best shows in The Villages and is a must. Also there is a good show on Wednesday night as well. Won't hurt to catch both.

4. If you have not been here before first thing is take a trolley ride to get a feel for the place. Then get a good map that shows the golf cart paths. Use your golf cart that is what this place is all about.

5. As you use your golf cart remember do not cross or drive on a 4 lane road it is against the law and you could get a ticket. If you find yourself in this situation stop and go back where you came from and look at all of the other carts and see where they are going and adjust you route. When in doubt pull out a map and look lost within 30 seconds you will be offered help.

6. If you are playing golf have your host schedule you on Palmer and be sure you play Riley Grove. When you see the videos you can say I was right there.

7. See what shows are at the Savannah Center and ask your host to make reservations for you if it is not sold out The Villages may comp you great seats. You have to ask!

8. Urban Flats has entertainment & dancing inside most nights. RJ Gators has great Karaoke (these people are good) & dancing on Wednesday and Saturday nights starting around 8:30 however you need to get there early to get a good seat. The Light House has entertainment many nights a week.

9. If you want to play golf other than the freebees that The villages offer simply call the courses after 6:45 AM on the day of play and ask about open tee times. They will set you up and you will pay the rate of a Villages Resident. Drop by any Pro Shop and they can supply you with phone numbers or check out The Villages Phone Book. Same for the Executive courses but don't waste your voucher on an Executive Course if you play both use the voucher on the Championship Course and pay for the Executive course.

10. Happy Hours at Cane Garden and Arnold Palmer start at 3:00 PM and are great prices. Cane Garden happy hour is done at 5:00 PM I think Palmer runs a little later but someone else may help us out there. Mallory Hill also has a good happy hour.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:32 PM

Thanks 2BNTV. I did read Indy-Guy's early post, but it is always good to read the details again. Excited about my first visit and want to do all I can while I'm at TV. My husband can't make this trip, but hopefully in the next year he will be able to visit with me again. I will definitely follow all the great advice about what to do and when to do it.

Does anyone know if there is a square dance club at TV? My husband and I are avid square and round dancers and would love to continue that activity when we move.

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcomed already!!! Maybe I will get to meet some of you during my stay!
Old 06-17-2011, 06:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
........Does anyone know if there is a square dance club at TV? My husband and I are avid square and round dancers and would love to continue that activity when we move. ......
See http://www.districtgov.org/departmen...ecreation.aspx

Under "Quick Links" at the left side of your screen, click 'Resident Lifestyle Volunteer Information', then click on 'Club Contacts'. Go to page 71 of that pdf to see info/contacts regarding various square dance groups.

Bill
Old 06-17-2011, 07:28 PM

Thanks so much Bill. I was able to find the information I needed! Ya'll are so helpful

BB
Old 06-17-2011, 07:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Thanks so much Bill. I was able to find the information I needed! Ya'll are so helpful

BB
You're quite welcome, bb!

Bill
Old 06-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Thanks 2BNTV. I did read Indy-Guy's early post, but it is always good to read the details again. Excited about my first visit and want to do all I can while I'm at TV. My husband can't make this trip, but hopefully in the next year he will be able to visit with me again. I will definitely follow all the great advice about what to do and when to do it.

Does anyone know if there is a square dance club at TV? My husband and I are avid square and round dancers and would love to continue that activity when we move.

Thanks to everyone for making me feel welcomed already!!! Maybe I will get to meet some of you during my stay!
My husband and I are square dancers. He is not down here full time yet but we go to the Orange Blossom dances which are every Sunday night when he is here. It is a very large club - unlike the smaller clubs that unfortunately are folding up north. PM me if you are coming down and want to go to a dance.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:50 AM
Default First visit soon!!

Hi everyone! I am new to TOTV ... so glad I found this through UTUBE. Lots of good info. here. I have been in contact with TV for the past 3 yrs now, but my first visit will be within the next few months. This is my first post or thread and just wanted to say hi to all of you! I just hope I did this right!
Old 06-18-2011, 02:47 AM
Veteran member
Default Welcome Vanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanna View Post
Hi everyone! I am new to TOTV ... so glad I found this through UTUBE. Lots of good info. here. I have been in contact with TV for the past 3 yrs now, but my first visit will be within the next few months. This is my first post or thread and just wanted to say hi to all of you! I just hope I did this right!
You did it right. WELCOME TO YOU. My wife and I "found?" The Villages after wintering in the Sebastian/Vero Beach area for a few years. I do hope you will enjoy every minute of your time in "The Villages" ...After three years Full time here..we still have to "pinch" each other to be sure this fabulous place isn't just a dream. Probably best expressed by another Talk of The Villages member when they said......"Living in The Villages is like dying and going to Heaven,,,BUT without the dying part.". You will find Talk of The Villages forum members to be pretty helpful. Any Questions,Comments or Concerns......ask away... someone with steer you in the right direction.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:30 AM
Gold member
Default Hi

Quote:
Welcome to TOTV We're glad you're gonna come for a visit we've owned since '05 (still snowbirds) and still say goodbye to our golf cart/house/neighbors/rec centers/pools etc. when we regretfully leave.
You're gonna love it.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Vanna:

to TOTV.

TV is a place that aren't enough words to describe how beautiful it is.

It's people are the best. Bring your checkbook as you will be blown away on how wonderful it is.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.