Looking for a recommendation/review on sealing Chattahoochee River Rock

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2022, 01:20 PM
Default Looking for a recommendation/review on sealing Chattahoochee River Rock

Still a new member (since May 2021). Own a CYV with a lot of Chattahoochee River Rock, all of which needs resealing. Tried to get set up with Allums company, but was unable to schedule prior to their cessation of business this year.
I have read the TOTV threads on this subject, but I can't find much on other contractors who are recommended.
Does anyone have a current recommendation for this resealing???
Thank you!
Old 01-22-2022, 03:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

The company that painted/stained our driveway no longer recommends resealing due to possible problems with the sealer becoming cloudy, so you need to make sure your contractor uses a compatible sealer, and provides some warranty against it becoming cloudy.
Old 01-22-2022, 03:17 PM

Thanks. I got the recommended type from a prior TOTV thread.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:46 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by majcap View Post
What are you going to use?
Old 01-22-2022, 10:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Please share what to use. Didn't know Allums company no longer in business. THought the son took over.
Old 01-22-2022, 11:54 PM
Gold member

Yes Matt’s wife & their son tried to keep the business going and did so for a year. Their son has taken another job & will be relocating therefore the business has folded.
Old 01-23-2022, 06:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Still a new member (since May 2021). Own a CYV with a lot of Chattahoochee River Rock, all of which needs resealing. Tried to get set up with Allums company, but was unable to schedule prior to their cessation of business this year.
I have read the TOTV threads on this subject, but I can't find much on other contractors who are recommended.
Thank you!
Good morning. The river rock and the painting they do on the driveways are two different things and respond differently to being sealed. I had the Chattahoochee River Rock around my pool in my home in SW Florida. I resealed it myself every year...easy peasy. The sealer is relatively thin (buy Chatahoochee river rock sealer) and rolls on easily with a roller on a painting stick. You need to (lightly) pressure wash first. LIGHTLY...if it's not been sealed for a while you can spray up stones. Let it dry completely, and apply a thin coat of the sealer. Let it dry for a few days...and you're good to go. In a CYV I'm betting you can use 1 big 5 gallon drum of sealer and it should take an hour or two...including prep. Oh...it is thin, so it will splash. Roll gently. I LOVED my river rock and sadly had it covered with a concrete decorative coating to "update" my house when selling. Broke my heart...
I know you asked for a contractor, but I don't know one. I just know it's a relatively simple job, if you are so inclined. I used to buy the sealer at Home Depot.
Old 01-23-2022, 07:18 AM
Default Resealing

Quote:
Thank you!
J and J services has done quite a few resealing jobs this past year. Give Jeff a call at 352-702-6376 and talk with him. I believe he can do the job for you.
Old 01-23-2022, 08:40 AM
Gold member

Mid-State Stone
Mid-State Stone - Lanai Floor Coverings
Old 01-23-2022, 11:04 AM

Ours was also done by Matt but very old now—- can you paint the Chattanooga stone? We have some cracks from the underneath concrete?? There is no sealer on it any longer.
Thanks any help would be wonderful!!!
Old 01-23-2022, 11:40 AM

The best is 352-253-0622. The original River rock
Old 01-23-2022, 11:44 PM
Default Sealing Chattahoochee River Rock

I am not certain that I am on the right page here, buuuut, want to help if I can...
Currently in OR but am closing on a house in Mallory Square the end of the month. I LOVE my beautiful Rainbow River Rock beds, waterfall and river bed at our home here in Oregon...the green, blue, purple, red, pink, light orange and off white rocks. I like them to have the "wet" look so that the colors will pop. I originally sealed with Behr Wet Look rock sealant, but just found one that is much better called Foundation Armor AR350 Satin Sheen/Wet Look Concrete & Paver Sealer: 866-306-0246 I just use a 1 gallon lawn and garden hand pump sprayer to reseal my rock beds as needed.

Does anyone out there know where I can acquire Rainbow River Rock or Mixed Mexican Beach Pebbles in FL. I have called every "Rock" company I could come up with in/near TV and no one has it. Ugh!
Closed Thread

Tags
resealing, river, chattahoochee, rock, threads

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.