Loving It

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2019, 01:06 PM
Default Loving It

Hello everyone - Glen and Marie here.

We lifestyled for a week in July 2018 and did a second lifestyle week this past January. And yes I did three months of research before showing up for our first visit.

All in all we visited 45 homes for sale - went to several rec centers - played pickle ball / billiards / table tennis / cards - visited every town center (several times) - went on every trolly tour - spent several hours woundering down the street of dreams (design center) made friends - travelled everywhere by golf cart.

Life in the bubble is fantastic - looking forward to becoming residents in the near future.

We’ve been houseless for the last 5 years! Currently living on a boat full time (a trawler) spending the off season docked in Lauderdale and the cruising season meandering throughout the Bahamian chain of islands - mostly the Abaco’s and Exumas.

I feel like I know many of the regular posters already as I’ve been following the forum for almost a year.

That’s us - that’s our intro - and you’ll see more of us (mostly me) in future postings.

Be well my friends....ribbit!

Old 02-08-2019, 06:10 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graspher View Post

We lifestyled for a week in July 2018 and did a second lifestyle week this past January. And yes I did three months of research before showing up for our first visit.

All in all we visited 45 homes for sale - went to several rec centers - played pickle ball / billiards / table tennis / cards - visited every town center (several times) - went on every trolly tour - spent several hours woundering down the street of dreams (design center) made friends - travelled everywhere by golf cart.

Life in the bubble is fantastic - looking forward to becoming residents in the near future.

We’ve been houseless for the last 5 years! Currently living on a boat full time (a trawler) spending the off season docked in Lauderdale and the cruising season meandering throughout the Bahamian chain of islands - mostly the Abaco’s and Exumas.

I feel like I know many of the regular posters already as I’ve been following the forum for almost a year.

That’s us - that’s our intro - and you’ll see more of us (mostly me) in future postings.

TOTV is a great place to get information if you are planning a move to The Villages. Hope you find the home of your dreams in The Villages soon.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:14 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,475 Times in 703 Posts

Love your optimistic attitude towards The Villages, you will fit right in with most of the people here.

You will find naysayers here, they tend to be very vocal and negative towards everything about The Villages. Don't be swayed or discouraged by their words and thoughts, The Villages is what you make of it.

Is The Villages perfect? No, of course not, it has its problems and issues, sadly most of which can be attributed to people who feel themselves entitled, have forgotten that there is a real world out there, or are just simply rude. There are community rules and deed restrictions that some feel don't apply to them, fortunately most here are not that way.

We are a limited cross section of our society that for the most part enjoy a comfortable lifestyle in our later years due to good decisions made throughout most of our lives. With this cross section comes many views, attitudes, and opinions, many you may agree with and some you may not. How you decide to handle these differences will go a long way to your level of enjoyment living here.

If you're wanting every store, every restaurant, and every luxury you had back in (you name the place) before you moved here, you may be disappointed. The development company works hard to attract a diverse number business, restaurants, and activities here, but ultimately those businesses must make their own decisions as to if the economic conditions are right and profitable for them to succeed. It is a unique market here in The Villages.

If you find yourself blessed to be living here and enjoy the lifestyle it offers, then I invite you to please join the rest of us who also have at the table for another glass of good cheer.
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Old 02-08-2019, 09:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up If

If a complete life of enjoyment, being happy, things to do, and just all round a wonderful place to spend your life and you are looking for 100% of all of this you will get about 98% and believe me the next percentage somewhere else is probably around 10-15%. Been here going on 12 years and the days just get better! As they say "
Old 02-08-2019, 09:13 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Way too much to do here. Makes me sleep like a baby every night!
Old 02-08-2019, 09:34 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Old 02-08-2019, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Hurry home kids. We'll leave the light on fer ya.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:

I have a question...I was under the impression that you can only do the lifestyle tour once. Is this correct?
Old 02-10-2019, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:

What a great first post. Welcome to posting on TOTV.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:47 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Princess View Post
I have a question...I was under the impression that you can only do the lifestyle tour once. Is this correct?
Talk to your Villages Properties Representative and he/she can get you set up.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

We were invited for a second Lifestyle visit when we were on the last day of our first Lifestyle Visit.

But since we've been to the Villages a few times already, we had already narrowed down our "dealbreakers" and our "must-haves" and what was left was the logistics and finding a home and area we could afford and would both enjoy living in. So another Lifestyle Visit wasn't really needed.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:17 AM

Thanks everyone for the welcomes, kind words and insights - much appreciated!

Gold Wing nut - I tip my helmet to you and say that I proudly logged 50,000 miles on a two tone blue SE from the 80’s. I closed the motorcycle chapter a few decades ago - but had the memories and adventures from that chapter remain fresh!

Regarding the number of lifestyles - yes, during our first lifestyle we were informed it was a one time deal but they would allow a second modified lifestyle associated with a potential purchase or build.

Sooo....for our second lifestyle we booked our January week’s stay at the LSL hotel this past August. Sometime in November we received a generic email from TV offering us the opportunity for another lifestyle. I will was in shock!

I called in told them we had one already - was not ready to purchase or build but would greatfully accept another opportunity if they were still willing.

Bing - they extended a second opportunity but there are a few perks omitted....no free golf - no free movie pass - no discount at the logo stores. All the main features are provided - lovely house - golf cart - bikes - newspaper - Wi-Fi - gate pass - and rec center pass. The omitted items were no issue at all. TV treated....and continues to treat us.....like royalty. With zero sales pressure!

I read as much as I could find about TV before our first lifestyle. A handful of information was outdated. I kept reading that the supplied golf cart maxed out at 12 mph. Not true - our first cart was brand new and rolled along at 21 mph. The second cart was just as fast. Several statistics were wrong but I can no longer recall which ones.

Regardless - I gathered a boatload of valuable information prior to making our first visit.

For anyone reading this that is going to lifestyle for the first time - don’t worry about the cart!

I’ll be looking for that light real soon Graciegirl!
Old 02-11-2019, 09:32 AM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

We did two lifestyles about a year apart with zero issues.. both in the fall
Old 02-11-2019, 10:52 AM
Default welcome

Quote:

Old 02-11-2019, 02:10 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Sounds like you found your spot, now you just need to find your home. Welcome aboard (pun intended).

Can’t wait to hear your stories of living on a trawler.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

Tags
center, season, visited, that’s, week

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.