Loving It

Loving It

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 02-10-2019, 06:06 PM

We were invited for a second Lifestyle visit when we were on the last day of our first Lifestyle Visit.

But since we've been to the Villages a few times already, we had already narrowed down our "dealbreakers" and our "must-haves" and what was left was the logistics and finding a home and area we could afford and would both enjoy living in. So another Lifestyle Visit wasn't really needed.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:17 AM

Thanks everyone for the welcomes, kind words and insights - much appreciated!

Gold Wing nut - I tip my helmet to you and say that I proudly logged 50,000 miles on a two tone blue SE from the 80’s. I closed the motorcycle chapter a few decades ago - but had the memories and adventures from that chapter remain fresh!

Regarding the number of lifestyles - yes, during our first lifestyle we were informed it was a one time deal but they would allow a second modified lifestyle associated with a potential purchase or build.

Sooo....for our second lifestyle we booked our January week’s stay at the LSL hotel this past August. Sometime in November we received a generic email from TV offering us the opportunity for another lifestyle. I will was in shock!

I called in told them we had one already - was not ready to purchase or build but would greatfully accept another opportunity if they were still willing.

Bing - they extended a second opportunity but there are a few perks omitted....no free golf - no free movie pass - no discount at the logo stores. All the main features are provided - lovely house - golf cart - bikes - newspaper - Wi-Fi - gate pass - and rec center pass. The omitted items were no issue at all. TV treated....and continues to treat us.....like royalty. With zero sales pressure!

I read as much as I could find about TV before our first lifestyle. A handful of information was outdated. I kept reading that the supplied golf cart maxed out at 12 mph. Not true - our first cart was brand new and rolled along at 21 mph. The second cart was just as fast. Several statistics were wrong but I can no longer recall which ones.

Regardless - I gathered a boatload of valuable information prior to making our first visit.

For anyone reading this that is going to lifestyle for the first time - don’t worry about the cart!

I’ll be looking for that light real soon Graciegirl!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2019, 09:32 AM

Location: Currently Atlanta GA - Formerly Endicott and Syracuse NY

We did two lifestyles about a year apart with zero issues.. both in the fall
welcome
Old 02-11-2019, 10:52 AM

Default welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graspher View Post
Hello everyone - Glen and Marie here.

We lifestyled for a week in July 2018 and did a second lifestyle week this past January. And yes I did three months of research before showing up for our first visit.

All in all we visited 45 homes for sale - went to several rec centers - played pickle ball / billiards / table tennis / cards - visited every town center (several times) - went on every trolly tour - spent several hours woundering down the street of dreams (design center) made friends - travelled everywhere by golf cart.

Life in the bubble is fantastic - looking forward to becoming residents in the near future.

We’ve been houseless for the last 5 years! Currently living on a boat full time (a trawler) spending the off season docked in Lauderdale and the cruising season meandering throughout the Bahamian chain of islands - mostly the Abaco’s and Exumas.

I feel like I know many of the regular posters already as I’ve been following the forum for almost a year.

That’s us - that’s our intro - and you’ll see more of us (mostly me) in future postings.

Be well my friends....ribbit!

Old 02-11-2019, 02:10 PM
Sage

Sounds like you found your spot, now you just need to find your home. Welcome aboard (pun intended).

Can’t wait to hear your stories of living on a trawler.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-11-2019, 05:48 PM

Hehehe....good one! Yes....finding a home....we are leaning toward a build but not 100% locked on that path.

For now we are still floating on the water but I have a feeling we will be residing in TV before the year is over.

My gosh yes....many stories from the ocean. Living on a boat 24/7 for 5 years has been a fantastic adventure with huge learning curves and many challenges. We embraced all of it with a smile and will bring the same outlook to the bubble!

Tags
center, season, visited, that’s, week