Mail?

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2008, 09:17 PM
Default Re: Mail?

Thanks Redwitch. We've just started looking into TV. This is something that seem elementary and should be more distance appropriate, especially as folks age. If not feeling well or for whatever reason, to have to get dressed to get out just to get mail daily is an inconvenience. Where we live now, we only walk about 15 yards.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

If I pick up my mail every third day, my mailperson is lucky and I'm a half block from the mailbox. Just not high on my priorities. I know approximately what is coming when and go when I need to see the mail. Anything else can wait.

The nice part is you go in your golf cart or walk, bring your pets if you have any (or just pet those that are there) and have a nice chat with your neighbors. There is a very social feel about the mailboxes here.

If you receive a larger package, you will find a key in your mailbox. That key goes to some "community" boxes for larger packages. Very large boxes have to be picked up at the post office. So, tis best to have your family mail the big stuff via UPS or FedEx -- they do come to your house.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-26-2008, 02:28 AM
Eternal Member

After you start using direct deposit and electronic funds transfers to pay your bills, all you end up with is junk mail in your mailbox and an occasional magazine. Usually everyone walks or takes a short golf cart ride to get their mail. Just try to not go on the hour or the half hour because everyone else is there trying to get their mail and get back for the next TV program.

If you can't get your mail for some reason, you can ask your neighbor to pick it up for you.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

I actually forget to check my mail because there is usually nothing there that is important. So...if someone wants to send me something that is vital for me to receive, they better call and warn me ahead of time...or, oh well....
Old 05-26-2008, 03:27 AM
Gold member

I don't do "snail mail"! If it were up to me the box would burst waiting for me to empty it. Tom on the other hand will probably hang out at the post boxes just to watch the mail person stuff the boxes and be the first to pick up our mail...that is unless he is at the library picking up a book or CD that he has ordered from who knows what county. Nice that the mail stations are near the pools. He likes those too.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.