Mail Delivery

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2010, 10:41 AM
Default mail box

I am sure you know this but just in case....your mailing address is your residence address...do not include your mail box number. There is no relationship ...other than to confuse each new Village homeowner!
Old 12-29-2010, 11:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
Your mail will be in the box. If the box fills up, the remaining mail is put in a larger box at the mail station and in your box will be a key to open the larger box. Hope this makes sense. Everything is really smooth. Beleive it or not, they have done the deal about 50,000 times. Beleive me, your mail will be there.
Coach, I agree that everything goes really smoothly when you buy a house in The Villages (whether through VLS or MLS). They are extremely professional and they've worked out all the "kinks".

I did not know about the overflow mail being put in a larger box. That is good information to know. Thanks.
Old 12-29-2010, 12:12 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I did not know about the overflow mail being put in a larger box. That is good information to know. Thanks.
This process is not uncommon with the USPS. Before this year we had a PO Box and when our mail exceeded the capacity of the box, a key was placed in our box to access a larger box where it was moved to.

Speaking of post office boxes, here's a cute little story about them. At one time I was in charge of sending orders to police agencies to find the motorist and pickup suspended driver licenses or registration plates or tags. If they could not fulfil the order they would send the order back with explaination. We were not supposed to send orders with a PO Box only in the address, but occasionally they would get through.

On one occasion we received a response where the officer indicated something like this... "I went to the Post Office and looked into the small window of the p.o. box door. Unfortunately the motorist was not present inside there at the time, so I could not enforce this order and I'm returning it to you!"
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 12-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
i think putting stickers on the door of your mailbox looks tacky, after you've been there more than a couple times it is easy to remember which one is yours...gn
We had an American flag sticker on our mailbox and someone removed it. Now that's tacky.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
We had an American flag sticker on our mailbox and someone removed it. Now that's tacky.
They might have like it so much that they snagged it to put it on THEIR mailbox!!

You're being polite by just calling it "tacky"............

Bill
Old 01-06-2011, 06:19 PM

I prefer salt water fishing. I grew up in Central Fl and spent a lot of it fishing off Crystal River. TV is an ideal spot as it's only an hour drive to the gulf coast and I like to golf when I'm not working or fishing. Stop by and say hello. We will be closing on the 19th and moving in the next few days.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Welcome fishgolf, your ID has 2 of my favorite past times....gn
Old 01-13-2011, 10:26 AM

Funny! That made my day!
Old 01-13-2011, 10:42 AM
Location: OH, CT, VA, KS, PA, GA, Raleigh, NC (2012 St. James)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishgolf View Post
I prefer salt water fishing. I grew up in Central Fl and spent a lot of it fishing off Crystal River. TV is an ideal spot as it's only an hour drive to the gulf coast and I like to golf when I'm not working or fishing. Stop by and say hello. We will be closing on the 19th and moving in the next few days.
Congratulations on your upcoming move into St. James! We purchased a lot there but likely won't be moving for awhile. My husband is a salt water fisherman (NJ and Nantucket) and will also take up golf in TV. We look forward to meeting you and being neighbors! Best of luck...and enjoy TV!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Welcome newbies. But what does fishing have to do with Mail Delivery?
Old 01-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Location: OH, CT, VA, KS, PA, GA, Raleigh, NC (2012 St. James)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Welcome newbies. But what does fishing have to do with Mail Delivery?
Sorry, Bogie Shooter! Being fairly new at this, guess I should have used a PM! We'll get the hang of it. Anyway, thanks for the welcome and the nice way of pointing this out. I did get a laugh out of it and learned a lesson to boot. Nice to be informed about mail delivery (just to make this a legitimate response)!
Old 01-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSally View Post
Sorry, Bogie Shooter! Being fairly new at this, guess I should have used a PM! We'll get the hang of it. Anyway, thanks for the welcome and the nice way of pointing this out. I did get a laugh out of it and learned a lesson to boot. Nice to be informed about mail delivery (just to make this a legitimate response)!
Atta girl, sally! Good reply! You'll do just fine on TOTV.

Bill
Old 01-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSally View Post
"Fishing" for a complement? Bill bites.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.