I'm So Excited - First Time Rental in Belevedere

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Default I'm So Excited - First Time Rental in Belevedere

I'm so excited I coming down to The Villages for my first immersion trip. Rather than do a lifestyle preview I decided to rent a house for three weeks. I'm hoping this will give me enough time to get fully immersed.

Some of you probably have seen me post before, as I've been a member of this board for over a year now. You've all been great with your comments and suggestions. I've had several failed attempts at coming down from CT, but I'm excited that I am finally doing it.

I can't wait. Looking forward to playing golf, trying pickleball, going to the Squares, Savannah Center, golf carting, meeting new people, trolley tour, etc.

Counting the days!
Larry
Old 06-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Sage

I remember how we felt before our first visit... priceless. Enjoy!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
I'm so excited I coming down to The Villages for my first immersion trip. Rather than do a lifestyle preview I decided to rent a house for three weeks. I'm hoping this will give me enough time to get fully immersed.

Some of you probably have seen me post before, as I've been a member of this board for over a year now. You've all been great with your comments and suggestions. I've had several failed attempts at coming down from CT, but I'm excited that I am finally doing it.

I can't wait. Looking forward to playing golf, trying pickleball, going to the Squares, Savannah Center, golf carting, meeting new people, trolley tour, etc.

Counting the days!
Larry
Good luck with your visit to TV. We own a home in Belvedere Village and we love it there. We especially enjoy the proximity to Southern Trace Plaza, Bealls, Bonefish Grill, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, Walmart, Crispers, The Library, Dog Park, etc. And only ten minutes to Lake Sumter Landing. Sorry we're in Canada right now, or we'd invite you over!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:27 PM

We did the same type visit in January...loved it. Make sure to get a villages map (we were lucky to have one in the rental unit). was so helpful in getting around in the golf car. Enjoy
Old 06-18-2011, 04:45 AM
Veteran member

Don't worry about getting lost in your golf car. We've made some good friends both offering and receiving help. Good folks there!
Old 06-18-2011, 05:58 AM
Veteran member

You'll love it - Belvedere is a nice central location. Should work out well for you. Have fun!
Old 06-18-2011, 10:58 AM
Sage

Big East:

Best wishes on your trip, I know you will love it.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:05 AM
Sage

Hi BigEast,
The weekly Recreation News, published on Thursdays and free at all the rec centers, will let you know what entertainment and events are happening while you are there. You might want to check it out. Don't forget to check out Katie Bells one night.

Have a fabulous trip and keep us posted!
Old 06-18-2011, 11:17 AM
Sage
Default Visiting TV - Tips Originally Posted By Indy Guy

Hello Big East,

I will also be renting in TV for the first time in July - but only for 7 days. Lucky you to be staying in TV for 3 weeks. I'm hoping to rent again in TV in October. Enjoy your visit

Here are some tips for visiting TV posted by Indy Guy in May. Indy Guy I hope you don't mind I am reposting your post -- I found it to be very helpful.
Visiting TV… posted by Indy Guy on 5/13/2011

I have posted this before sometime ago and perhaps posting it again with some updates will help you out.

1. The best nights at Lake Sumter Landing are Tuesday and Thursday. These are the nights of the best entertainment and the Vendors are there those nights that is why they have the best entertainment.

2. The best nights at Spanish Springs are Monday and Wednesday. These are the nights of the best entertainment and the Vendors are there those nights that is why they have the best entertainment.

3. To me the best night at Katie Belles is Monday night. You need to make reservations so check with your host to find out how to do this. By far one of the best shows in The Villages and is a must. Also there is a good show on Wednesday night as well. Won't hurt to catch both.

4. If you have not been here before first thing is take a trolley ride to get a feel for the place. Then get a good map that shows the golf cart paths. Use your golf cart that is what this place is all about.

5. As you use your golf cart remember do not cross or drive on a 4 lane road it is against the law and you could get a ticket. If you find yourself in this situation stop and go back where you came from and look at all of the other carts and see where they are going and adjust you route. When in doubt pull out a map and look lost within 30 seconds you will be offered help.

6. If you are playing golf have your host schedule you on Palmer and be sure you play Riley Grove. When you see the videos you can say I was right there.

7. See what shows are at the Savannah Center and ask your host to make reservations for you if it is not sold out The Villages may comp you great seats. You have to ask!

8. Urban Flats has entertainment & dancing inside most nights. RJ Gators has great Karaoke (these people are good) & dancing on Wednesday and Saturday nights starting around 8:30 however you need to get there early to get a good seat. The Light House has entertainment many nights a week.

9. If you want to play golf other than the freebees that The villages offer simply call the courses after 6:45 AM on the day of play and ask about open tee times. They will set you up and you will pay the rate of a Villages Resident. Drop by any Pro Shop and they can supply you with phone numbers or check out The Villages Phone Book. Same for the Executive courses but don't waste your voucher on an Executive Course if you play both use the voucher on the Championship Course and pay for the Executive course.

10. Happy Hours at Cane Garden and Arnold Palmer start at 3:00 PM and are great prices. Cane Garden happy hour is done at 5:00 PM I think Palmer runs a little later but someone else may help us out there. Mallory Hill also has a good happy hour that runs till (end of Indy Guy's post).

Best wishes and good luck to you!
Old 06-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi BigEast,
The weekly Recreation News, published on Thursdays and free at all the rec centers, will let you know what entertainment and events are happening while you are there. You might want to check it out. .......
Here it is in electronic form so you can peruse it in advance of your arrival:

http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/a...es/recnews.pdf

It's a fairly large document so it might take a while to download depending on your connection speed.

As Pturner said, it's issued every Thursday. So reload the link weekly for the latest version.

Bill
Old 06-18-2011, 02:47 PM

[QUOTE=Schaumburger;363529]Hello Big East,

10. Happy Hours at Cane Garden and Arnold Palmer start at 3:00 PM and are great prices. Cane Garden happy hour is done at 5:00 PM I think Palmer runs a little later but someone else may help us out there. Mallory Hill also has a good happy hour that runs till (end of Indy Guy's post). QUOTE]

And happy hour at Red Sauce at Sumter Landing starts at 5....at least it did back in early May....
Old 06-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Default Savannah Center Tickets

Thanks to everyone for their comments and suggestions. Can anyone tell me how to find out what shows will be in the Savannah Center in August and how I can order tickets in advance.

Larry
Old 06-18-2011, 06:14 PM

August events for the Savannah Center are not on sale yet.
To view upcoming events for August, click on the link from this page
https://www.thevillages.net/boxoffice/
Old 06-18-2011, 07:30 PM

Your in a GREAT LOCATON!!
Hope U didn't rent @ 421 Rosecroft Terr. ---owners are something else. We're taking them to small claims court when we come down in Dec. for holding back $200.00 + of our deposit.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:28 PM

Thanks for post...I look forward to hearing about your trip in July and if you have any suggestions after your visit. I'm counting the days .

Larry
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.