Making the Move

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2019, 06:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmed59 View Post
I don’t know what the OP considers a large house but I do know Premier homes run larger, sometimes much larger than 2500 sq feet. Some models run up to 3800 sq ft, and I’ve wandered into homes here in the Villages that were well over 4000 sq ft.

We are one of those apparently rare couples that over downsized. We should have brought the tools and saved more Christmas decorations...
We over downsized too. Ended up buying stuff we should have moved down. I greatly regret some of the tchotckes (sp) and some furniture pieces we left behind. Since we lived at the waterfront, our stuff was not the heavy antique or dark wood variety. But maybe the above poster's house was a lot bigger than our two.

We moved from two places simultaneously--a 2200- square-foot condo and a 900-square-foot apartment in two different states. Total cost was $3000 in 2011. I'm surprised at and sorry about an above poster's $6000 cost.

Tags
home, moving, companies, tips, move

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.