Manufactured Home Insurance?

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2019, 06:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I have our Insurance thru The Villages Ins. I am very pleased with them. The first year we bought from Foremost for around (Sit Down) $1400 but the Hurricane, Catastrophic & Sink Hole Coverage has a $500 deductible and if the entire area was wiped out GOD FORBID they would pay to clear my property of any other home or debris that may land on it. I think the value of the home was around 80K, Personal Property was about 35k.

The second year was Modern USA which changed their name to something similar to that name and the deductible was $2300 for Hurricane and the coverage was 60K and I don't remember if it covers Sink Hole or Catastrophic but I imagine it must have or I wouldn't have gone for it. The price was about $700.

Third-year back to Foremost for the maximum coverage that they allowed because when Irma was bearing down on us and Tuccillo was giving his valuable forecast I slept like a big, big baby at a friend's Mom's house in Georgia.

You who shared before me gave some excellent information. I'm on it like white on rice! Thank's a Million!!
Old 03-09-2019, 08:23 AM

We purchased a home in Orange Blossom district, but it is actually in Country Club Hills Village, we are paying over 2400 a year for insurance. It is a total rip off because there is only 1 company selling insurance for double wide homes in the state of Florida. They have no competition so they can charge what ever they want. By the way, we bought a home on Marigold Drive. We absolutely love it here except for the high insurance costs and the championship golf courses are over priced.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,369 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosbestus View Post
We purchased a home in Orange Blossom district, but it is actually in Country Club Hills Village, we are paying over 2400 a year for insurance. It is a total rip off because there is only 1 company selling insurance for double wide homes in the state of Florida. They have no competition so they can charge what ever they want. By the way, we bought a home on Marigold Drive. We absolutely love it here except for the high insurance costs and the championship golf courses are over priced.
You were given bad information then. When I went to the Villages Insurance (which is a broker, not the actual insurance company), I was presented with the three top options. Three different insurance companies, each offering insurance for our manufactured home in the Orange Blossom CC area. We paid under $1500 for the option we selected. There's not a "lot" of competition, but there is enough to keep the costs to a reasonable number.
Closed Thread

Tags
manufactured, insurance, home, villages, agent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.