May Move To Villages

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2013, 09:55 PM
Smile May Move To Villages

Hi from Washington DC

My wife & I are considering moving to the Villages. I welcome all the thoughts and ideas people can provide. I will read the 58 page book.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:04 PM
Sage

Come and stay a week or so on the Lifestyle Preview Plan. In May thru fall it is $75/night (need to check that amount) for a beautiful fully furnished 2 or 3-BR home only about 3 blocks from the town square, Lake Sumter Landing, and it includes a golf cart and bicycles. This is the best way to see and live the TV lifestyle.

And be sure to bring your checkbook!

Check it out here: The Villages - Lifestyle Preview Plan
Old 03-26-2013, 07:08 AM
Sage

There are no amount of words that can explain TV. You need to schedule a LSV for yourself. I would take the trolley tour to give you an idea of the TV and its many communities. Visit the town squares, rec centers, pools and go to Katie Belles and see Donna Moore. I would talk to anyone and everyone as the people are very friendly and won't hesitate to give you their opinions on living in TV.

Be prepared to be blown away by the beauty of TV and it's friendly people.

BTW - "Bring your checkbook"

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-26-2013, 08:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
Come and stay a week or so on the Lifestyle Preview Plan. In May thru fall it is $75/night (need to check that amount) for a beautiful fully furnished 2 or 3-BR home only about 3 blocks from the town square, Lake Sumter Landing, and it includes a golf cart and bicycles. This is the best way to see and live the TV lifestyle.

And be sure to bring your checkbook!

Check it out here: The Villages - Lifestyle Preview Plan
Might be different packages, but we paid $150 per night for 4 nights.
It included a golf cart, two bicycles and a very nice 3 bedroom home in Creekside Landing near the Waterfront Inn and Lake Sumter Landing.

p.s. They never mentioned that we could stay longer, so we rented a private home on the Nancy Lopez golf course for a full month.......as 4 days was just not enough time.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
It included a golf cart, two bicycles and a very nice 3 bedroom home in Creekside Landing near the Waterfront Inn and Lake Sumter Landing.

It depends on the time of year. Summer is the cheapest; winter is the most expensive. We came in October. It was either $100 or $125.

But I don't think you can get the full picture in a few days. Try it a couple of times, or rent for a couple of weeks. Don't get discouraged if you feel overwhelmed from your first LSV.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Default Re: Interesting Idea - House Rental

That is an interesting idea. How did you find this house ?

Quote:

p.s. They never mentioned that we could stay longer, so we rented a private home on the Nancy Lopez golf course for a full month.......as 4 days was just not enough time.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We came in April of 2011 and paid $125 a night. At that time it was $150 for Jan - Mar, $125 for April - May and $100 for June and later. We were told stays had to be at least 4 days and no longer than 14 days, we stayed 7 days and saw pretty everything we needed to see. We looked at CYV's, Patio Villas and Cottages and ended up buying a masonry CYV in July 2011.

I've also heard that they are using the new villas off Buena Vista across from Evans Praire Country Club. Those are the nice looking multi-color villas similar to Mission Hills. I've been seeing some of those listed for sale. We were put up in a $400,000 cottage east of the sales office at Lake Sumter next to the Morse Bridge. There were only 48 of those built and I think they still use some for LSV's. I wouldn't consider them a cottage but that is what they are called, I believe they are in the Village of Bridgeport.

No matter where they put you, most days you will be out and about looking and exploring. You'll have a golf cart (a 14 mph model) and two bicycles. To see most things take your car, TV is about 35 square miles. Make sure you get a $5 map from the sales office.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
That is an interesting idea. How did you find this house ?
Google: for rent in the villages
Old 03-26-2013, 08:00 PM

Do you or anyone have some ideas where to look for classified ads where owners (such as snowbirds) would be willing to rent their house the month of August ?

Quote:

Old 03-26-2013, 08:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Do you or anyone have some ideas where to look for classified ads where owners (such as snowbirds) would be willing to rent their house the month of August ?
The Villages 4 Rent, Rentals in The Villages

And welcome to TOTV!

Bill
Old 03-26-2013, 08:30 PM

Excellent decision to come visit The Villiages!! Definitely consider renting through the site listed above or try the Lifestyle Visit. We loved the LSV because of the great orientation to so many aspects of The Villages. There will be no pressure to buy and lots of great information. The Villages sells itself. After our LSV we came here for 6 weeks to try it out and rented a home for that period. Within 1 month of that, we were full-time Villagers. Don't be surprised if that happens to you, too....just like so many others.
You'll be amazed by the friendliness of the people, the beauty surrounding you, and the sheer fun of The Villages. Enjoy!

After a lifetime of adventures, the adventure of a lifetime.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:46 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

don't forget to check the classifieds in the villages own newspaper the daily sun
The Villages Daily Sun

Old 03-26-2013, 09:28 PM

Quote:
We always rented July and August (my vacation). Go to ForRentbyOwner. Best deals. Now we live in Sanibel all year long.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:42 PM

We are from Northern Va. Too young to retire, however, we came to visit a year ago in Sept, loved it and are now homeowners in the Village of Fernandina. Spending about a week a month here. Nothing prepares you for TV except coming here and checking it out in person. Good luck and bring your check book.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Hi from Washington DC

My wife & I are considering moving to the Villages. I welcome all the thoughts and ideas people can provide. I will read the 58 page book.
Welcome fella. The 58 page book is nice but not as amazing as stepping into this fairyland. You may have to change your drawers.

WHY are you considering moving here if you don't know anything about it?

Tell us what caught your attention?

You do know that we are a very big...VERY big place now with around 100 thousand residents. Have you found thevillages.com?

You do know that this forum is NOT owned by The Villages but a by individuals and we all just communicate on here? This isn't an official site.

You are going to get all kinds of answers here from all kinds of folks who live here, rent here,want to live here or are jealous of people living here.

Are you just about ready to retire? Are you a CPA, college math professor, crunch numbers for the government or just own an abacus? In other words, why did you choose the name Mathguy?

We have a lot of fun on here so tell us what brought you here?

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.