Moving to Fenney

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2018, 10:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
During our Trolley ride 4 1/2 years ago we were told there was NO crime in The Villages. Yep, no crime. Sounded too good to be true so I investigated. Every potential buyer must do their due diligence and decide what’s best for them. Trust no one, check everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who would say that?
Who would believe that?
There is a little bit of bad in the best of us. And a little bit of good in the worst of us. But among even a mostly nice bunch of folks, there are those. Yes,....There are those.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Who would say that?
Who would believe that?
There is a little bit of bad in the best of us. And a little bit of good in the worst of us. But among even a mostly nice bunch of folks, there are those. Yes,....There are those.

Who would say that ? The Trolley guide, that’s who. Yes, they work for marketing. You can ask my wife if you don’t believe me. [emoji6]

Old 03-31-2018, 10:22 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Who would say that ? The Trolley guide, that’s who. Yes, they work for marketing. You can ask my wife if you don’t believe me. [emoji6]

Well if your wife backs you it must be true.

Old 03-31-2018, 10:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Well if your wife backs you it must be true.

True. I’m an unabashed liar.

Old 04-01-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post
Dave, please don't move to Fenney. I would hate to have a neighbor be unhappy.
quotes from the comment section:

“My whole house shook including items hanging on the wall,” one resident wrote on Facebook. “Second time, but this one was much worse than the first.”

"Another resident reported glasses clinking in the cupboard."

"Residents say the blasts have cracked foundations, broken light bulbs and knocked pictures off the wall."

i'm a combat veteran with PTSD. if i moved to Fenney, i would not only be unhappy but these triggers would force me to build a bunker in the backyard and constantly wear a helmet. something the residents of Fenney would probably be uncomfortable with.

i just need a quiet environment. i only bring this up because others considering Fenney may have the same medical conditions.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave042 View Post

“My whole house shook including items hanging on the wall,” one resident wrote on Facebook. “Second time, but this one was much worse than the first.”

"Residents say the blasts have cracked foundations, broken light bulbs and knocked pictures off the wall."

i'm a combat veteran with PTSD. if i moved to Fenney, i would not only be unhappy but these triggers would force me to build a bunker in the backyard and constantly wear a helmet. something the residents of Fenney would probably be uncomfortable with.

i just need a quiet environment. i only bring this up because others considering Fenney may have the same medical conditions.
We love veterans in our Village. Thank you for your service, sir, from my heart and my family.

P.S. There is a home for sale in our Village. Hurry. The houses in our village go quick. (But we do have some noise from 466)

I know that whatever you choose you will be happy here in this beautiful place. Thank you once again.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Who would say that?
Who would believe that?
Gracie is correct. rarely any violent crimes. from reading Villages News dot com crime section; 60% are drunks, 20% larceny, 10% drugs, and 10% family battery. the majority of crimes are committed by those under 55+. this is one reason i'm going to retire in TV.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave042 View Post

Now I understand your comments. Thanks for your service, Dave. My son is in the army and is stationed in Afghanistan.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 04-01-2018, 09:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Did the rep by chance mention, or know, what % of the homes purchased by current Villagers were to be owner-occupied...versus rentals/investments?
I didn't ask. The rep I spoke to was closing up her stand with her coworker. It was one of those events with vendors and tables. I don't know who it was.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:24 AM
Sage

As someone who has viewed posts on TOTV for several years now, I wonder why some posters disparage other poster's choice of where they want to live. Why do some feel the need to denigrate certain villages or areas of The Villages?

I have started watching Skip Smith's You Tube videos about The Villages. I believe Skip lives in the Village of Hillsborough. A few days ago he posted a video which shows a moving truck parked in front of his next door neighbor's house. His neighbor is moving to Fenney, so there are current Villagers who are choosing to move to Fenney.

If someone wants to live in Fenney, Chatham, Silver Lake, or whatever village and you have found your slice of Paradise in that Village, go for it, and enjoy every day.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:07 AM
Sage

When I was shopping someone told me that it's important the lanai faces east. I don't remember who. It may have been here. My salesman says it doesn't matter at all. Now I think it's a game changer, morning sun, afternoon shade.

I think advice volunteers for the most part are trying to share what they have experienced. It's really easy to fall in love with this place. Do your homework.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:46 AM

It was a Sarasota on White Ibis. It has an open house today. He still calls it "his house" even though we bought another.
Old 04-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Now I think it's a game changer, morning sun, afternoon shade.
I don't think lanai direction matters much. You can add sun screen shades, that's what we did with our west facing lanai. We found it made a difference. Insulating the roof over the lanai helped too... ours had no insulation at all... don't know about newer houses.

But during the really hot parts of the summer if you don't enclose your lanai and add an A/C there will be a month or two you probably won't use your lanai no matter which way it faces. In the winter time an open lanai gets pretty chilly for a couple of months too... no matter which way it faces.

Of course it's totally up to you, part of the house hunting adventure, but would you really want to pass up a house that had just about everything you wanted except that it has a west facing lanai?
Old 04-08-2018, 12:36 PM
Platinum member

You won't regret it.

Tags
moving, fenney, making, summer, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.