Me too. Here is is:

The Villages Florida
Nice!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2017, 02:48 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post
I appreciate all the welcoming messages and kind words. We are looking forward to our move.
Your posts make me smile. I believe you will be most happy here. Fenney is stunning.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:15 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

As a "pioneer" in The Village of Fenney welcome to The Villages.
Old 10-25-2017, 06:16 AM
Default Coming up today!

My wife and I will travel to the area today and will spend tomorrow choosing a house plan. Because of my love for cars, we must have a large 3 car garage. Our sales rep did find a lot that will support my garage and we have put a deposit on it.

This is an exciting and challenging change. I look forward to meeting many of you once we are settled next year.

Thanks for all the kind and welcoming words.

Bob
Old 10-28-2017, 07:05 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I wonder if the appraised values of properties just outside of Fenney will rise when they too have a water view?

Dropbox - IMG_6259.JPG
Old 12-21-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPelota View Post
We just bought a new home in Fenney. Will be renting it out for a couple years until we retire and move down there from Tennessee. Looking forward to that whole area blossoming in the next few years!
My wife and I just purchased a home in Fenney last week, and like you we will be renting it for about 2 years before moving down from NY. I love all the nice comments here about the area and we can't wait to join all of you! Besides, it's cold here today!
Old 12-21-2017, 11:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
My wife and I currently live about 90 miles southwest of The Villages in Apollo Beach...
I saw a House Hunters show about two weeks ago that was from Apollo Beach. She was a doctor in her 30's and he was a supervisor at a Pizza Box manufactuer, they met on a dating site. They purchased a birdcage pool home on a canal, I think it was about $700K, he had a boat so that was the reason they moved. The home was nice but everything they looked at seemed dated, the 80's look with pastel colors, gold fixtures, 12" white floor tile. Anyway, they seemed happy.

I guess that's near Sun City below Tampa? From your perspecitive, you've probably seen that area and Sun City is not as great as some think. I always heard it was overpriced, I know somebody that bought a house there about 10 years ago and their amenity fee was about $350 a month.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I saw a House Hunters show about two weeks ago that was from Apollo Beach. She was a doctor in her 30's and he was a supervisor at a Pizza Box manufactuer, they met on a dating site. They purchased a birdcage pool home on a canal, I think it was about $700K, he had a boat so that was the reason they moved. The home was nice but everything they looked at seemed dated, the 80's look with pastel colors, gold fixtures, 12" white floor tile. Anyway, they seemed happy.

I guess that's near Sun City below Tampa? From your perspecitive, you've probably seen that area and Sun City is not as great as some think. I always heard it was overpriced, I know somebody that bought a house there about 10 years ago and their amenity fee was about $350 a month.
I have no interest in Sun City Center. There are some new homes there but I will only look at houses with 3-car garages. They are not building any in Sun City so I crossed them off my list about 4 months ago.

Homes on canals can be expensive, you're right. Mine was built in 2013 and is not on a canal.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 12-21-2017, 04:47 PM
Default Wow

Quote:
Me too. Here is is:

The Villages Florida
Nice car!
Old 12-21-2017, 11:21 PM

nice Chevelle! closing on my house in Fenney on the 28th!!
Old 12-22-2017, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
Nice car!
Thank you! She will arrive at the new abode next May.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 12-22-2017, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOERILLA View Post
nice Chevelle! closing on my house in Fenney on the 28th!!
Thanks. I hope that all goes well for you.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:01 AM
Platinum member

You’re going to love The Villages.

You are also going to appreciate Sumter County taxes over Hillsborough County!

Best of luck in building and moving.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post
You’re going to love The Villages.

You are also going to appreciate Sumter County taxes over Hillsborough County!

Best of luck in building and moving.
Thank you. My wife reminds me every single day. "When will we be settled?" she says.

You're right about the taxes here in Hillsborough.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:19 PM
Location: Fenneyite 6-2018; Vero Beach, FL; Lake Placid, NY; Danby, VT; Barneveld, NY; Niles, MI; Rome, NY; MA

since you're new to building in Fenney, can I ask some questions about the process? we too are considering the same, haven't picked out a lot yet but wondering about design process. How do you know what will be 'upgrades' or standard items in the house. We are concerned that things we'd want in a house will end up having the house end up being more $ than we planned......maybe should look for a already built home.
Closed Thread

Tags
moving, fenney, making, summer, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.