Moving to Fenney

Closed Thread
Old 01-16-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j&b1216 View Post
since you're new to building in Fenney, can I ask some questions about the process? we too are considering the same, haven't picked out a lot yet but wondering about design process. How do you know what will be 'upgrades' or standard items in the house. We are concerned that things we'd want in a house will end up having the house end up being more $ than we planned......maybe should look for a already built home.
We'll be in TV for our design week next week. I'm willing to discuss it with you upon our return. Of course, if you have some immediate questions, PM me with your phone number and I'll call this week.

I've done a lot of research and know what we want and what is available in similar homes. I've put together a comprehensive document to keep us on track.

I will manage what we can afford and will make sure we stay within budget. There may be some things we have to do without but I'm prepared to go forward.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 01-16-2018, 06:14 PM
Location: Fenneyite 6-2018; Vero Beach, FL; Lake Placid, NY; Danby, VT; Barneveld, NY; Niles, MI; Rome, NY; MA

thanks for your input. We too have 'our top priority list' just hope 'our list' is not too upgraded. We also have a list of what would be negotiable or what we 'could' do without. Will 'make our move' to pick a lot out within the next month. Will contact you again in a couple of weeks and see how things are going. We can PM then. thanks again.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j&b1216 View Post
thanks for your input. We too have 'our top priority list' just hope 'our list' is not too upgraded. We also have a list of what would be negotiable or what we 'could' do without. Will 'make our move' to pick a lot out within the next month. Will contact you again in a couple of weeks and see how things are going. We can PM then. thanks again.
You're welcome. I look forward to talking with you.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 01-17-2018, 09:44 AM
Thumbs up Building in Fenney

Building in Fenney is VERY easy. Take a day trip, look the area over and the available lots. Then get a Realtor from the sales center. We used Rene Webster. I can tell you about Rene, she is GREAT. You will not find a better sales agent in the Villages. She works from the Lake Sumter Center, but goes everywhere. Rene will show you what lots are available and you decide... There is NO Pressure. Once you decide the lot, then the model comes next to make sure it will fit the lot. Once all is said and done, you go to the Design Center and again, what a GREAT experience. NO PRESSURE. Mark was our design person and showed us what was available and WE chose. We built our new home with ALL the bells and whistles we wanted and still came in under budget. What a good experience..

Good luck and welcome to Fenney....
Old 01-17-2018, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Building in Fenney is VERY easy. Take a day trip, look the area over and the available lots. Then get a Realtor from the sales center. We used Rene Webster. I can tell you about Rene, she is GREAT. You will not find a better sales agent in the Villages. She works from the Lake Sumter Center, but goes everywhere. Rene will show you what lots are available and you decide... There is NO Pressure. Once you decide the lot, then the model comes next to make sure it will fit the lot. Once all is said and done, you go to the Design Center and again, what a GREAT experience. NO PRESSURE. Mark was our design person and showed us what was available and WE chose. We built our new home with ALL the bells and whistles we wanted and still came in under budget. What a good experience..

Good luck and welcome to Fenney....
We had a great experience building our home seven years ago. We are still on cloud nine. We have built several homes over the course of our lives and watched our childen build several. Working with The Villages is excellent.

NO. I don't sell houses, never have. NO I don't know anybody who is part of the developer's organization so don't PM me. It is making me angry.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenneyGuy View Post
We'll be in TV for our design week next week.
We hope you enjoy the design process and make good decisions that suit YOU.

We have been in our house over a year and have been very pleased with the choices we made - until now: we are planning to have the chandelier in our dining area removed and replaced with four pocket lights, kind of like what we have in our kitchen.

Like almost all of the people we know, we love being in The Villages.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:16 PM
Location: Massapequa, NY - Plano, TX - Laguna Niguel, CA - The Villages!

Great to see all the posts! I too have bought a lot in Fenney! Currently live in Southern California and will retire in July and move down then. I choose all my options for my house in Feb, and it should be completed sometime in May. I have a quick question... has anyone had any experience in being able to choose countertops that are not offered by The Villages and getting them installed prior to the completion of the house? I am hoping to do this as reasonably as possible, but I am hearing I may need to install something generic in order to pass inspection and then replace them on my own after the sale is completed. Would love to be able to order countertops and have them installed while the house is being built.. any suggestions?
Old 01-26-2018, 07:49 AM

We will sign our contract tomorrow and then the building process begins. It was a tiring week but so worth our time and effort. I am glad that I did a lot of work documenting our must haves and wants. We also found that touring open houses and model homes was very worthwhile.

If I can help anyone to understand the design process and what happens, just ask. I prefer to talk on the phone so leave me a pm and your number so that I can call you.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
We will sign our contract tomorrow and then the building process begins. It was a tiring week but so worth our time and effort. I am glad that I did a lot of work documenting our must haves and wants. We also found that touring open houses and model homes was very worthwhile.

If I can help anyone to understand the design process and what happens, just ask. I prefer to talk on the phone so leave me a pm and your number so that I can call you.
You did it right, thinking about choices and your budget and exploring the options available.

We also enjoyed coming every day and watching the house come along. I am very impressed with the total organization of the builders. Also the high expectations of the builder to the sub contractors. We came one day to see the cap tile being removed in the kitchen. I didn't see anything wrong with it but the lead builder ordered it redone.

I hope Fenney Guy that you both love it here like we do. Welcome home.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You did it right, thinking about choices and your budget and exploring the options available.

We also enjoyed coming every day and watching the house come along. I am very impressed with the total organization of the builders. Also the high expectations of the builder to the sub contractors. We came one day to see the cap tile being removed in the kitchen. I didn't see anything wrong with it but the lead builder ordered it redone.

I hope Fenney Guy that you both love it here like we do. Welcome home.
Gracie, thank you. I do plan to visit frequently as our house is being built. Since we live in Apollo Beach, it's an easy 90 minute drive.
Old 01-26-2018, 08:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catotv View Post
Great to see all the posts! I too have bought a lot in Fenney! Currently live in Southern California and will retire in July and move down then. I choose all my options for my house in Feb, and it should be completed sometime in May. I have a quick question... has anyone had any experience in being able to choose countertops that are not offered by The Villages and getting them installed prior to the completion of the house? I am hoping to do this as reasonably as possible, but I am hearing I may need to install something generic in order to pass inspection and then replace them on my own after the sale is completed. Would love to be able to order countertops and have them installed while the house is being built.. any suggestions?
I moved to the Villages from Southern California (Yorba Linda) in July of 2016 the hottest year ever in Florida. Have gone through 3 hurricanes as well but still love it here, PM me if you would like to get together once your move is complete.

There is a California Club that meets the first Tuesday of the Month if you would like to meet other people from California once you get here.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:17 AM

We had our design week last week and finished the process yesterday. It was a long but very thorough exercise. We signed the contract and paid our deposit on our new Iris.

We close May 10th!
Old 01-28-2018, 07:26 AM
fw102807

Quote:
We had our design week last week and finished the process yesterday. It was a long but very thorough exercise. We signed the contract and paid our deposit on our new Iris.

We close May 10th!
Old 01-29-2018, 02:33 PM
Location: Massapequa, NY - Plano, TX - Laguna Niguel, CA - The Villages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
I moved to the Villages from Southern California (Yorba Linda) in July of 2016 the hottest year ever in Florida. Have gone through 3 hurricanes as well but still love it here, PM me if you would like to get together once your move is complete.

There is a California Club that meets the first Tuesday of the Month if you would like to meet other people from California once you get here.
Thanks so much, crash!! Would love to do that, and thanks for the info on the California group as well! I am currently in Laguna Niguel... house should be finished in May.. looking to retire and move in July or August.. this year!
Peggy
Old 02-04-2018, 07:25 AM
Location: Fenneyite 6-2018; Vero Beach, FL; Lake Placid, NY; Danby, VT; Barneveld, NY; Niles, MI; Rome, NY; MA

Well we did it! We put a deposit on a Fenney lot on 2/2. Waiting for our design appointment! Very excited to FINALLY get to the Villages.
Our list of clubs, activities to join is very long. Can't wait to meet new friends and neighbors!
Closed Thread

Tags
moving, fenney, making, summer, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.