Moving to The Villages August 5th!

Closed Thread
Old 08-03-2019, 05:25 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Check out tax rate. It is different in the 3 counties. So the same priced home in each of the counties will be different. Rent for 6 months. Determine what your activities will be. i.e. if you are into championship golf, Brownwood to Spanish Springs might be a better option since there isn't any championship golf in the next section
Old 08-05-2019, 07:00 PM

Just signed the contract with the movers. Fenney here we come. Can't wait to enjoy TV.

I too will be commuting back and forth. Can't change my residency just yet due to a job requirement.
Old 08-06-2019, 10:49 AM

You don't have to 'resign' from your previous Nextdoor account, but you DO have to use a different email address.
That is of course if you wanted to keep ties with your old neighborhood..
Old 08-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,143 Times in 829 Posts

Please don't come here for advice on legal requirements for paying state taxes. It is true that Florida does not impose a state income tax. It is however not true that you therefore as a Florida resident will not have to pay income taxes to another state if income was earned in that other state
Old 08-07-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjinGA View Post
You don't have to 'resign' from your previous Nextdoor account, but you DO have to use a different email address.
That is of course if you wanted to keep ties with your old neighborhood..
Thanks! I'd seen that, but I'll have no real reason to keep up with the old neighborhood once we leave, at least not via Nextdoor. Makes more sense to completely switch over to The Villages when we move. And the movers come a week from tomorrow!!
Old 08-08-2019, 06:26 AM

Oh my we have another golf pro in the Villages!!!!! If you really like to play golf and have some adult beverages afterwards and are not an ahole, then you might want to join our golf group. You can only do that once you become a member though here in The Villages. We play every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. We only play country clubs, so you must be a priority member. You can choose to play as many days a week as you want. If you are interested private message me and we will exchange phone numbers and you can meet the guys sometime and I will explain the costs . Good luck in your search for your dream home in The Villages, you will love it here.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, august, years, job, wife

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.