Moving to Woodbury

Closed Thread
Old 03-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Default Moving to Woodbury

Closing on a house in Woodbury soon, but will still be living on Long Island for a bit until retirement. Does anyone have suggestions for lawn service, power washing, and treatment for insects in the area. Thanks!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Gold member
Default Fellow Long Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by liere View Post
Closing on a house in Woodbury soon, but will still be living on Long Island for a bit until retirement. Does anyone have suggestions for lawn service, power washing, and treatment for insects in the area. Thanks!
Welcome to the forum! Glad you found paradise here in TV. We're from Suffolk County-- and you?
Old 03-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
You're going to love it up here in our own little corner of The Villages Heaven in Marion County. Welcome to the neighborhood.

Your best bet may be to talk with your neighbors for suggestions. You can also use the Search drop down menu on the Blue Bar above for plenty of information too.

Xavier
Old 03-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
.....Your best bet may be to talk with your neighbors for suggestions.....
Ditto.

Bill
Old 03-06-2011, 05:24 PM

I live down the street from you in Springdale (7 years) and have recommendations for all three:

1. Lawn Service - Ben Feasel - 352-208-8209 - Dependable, honest and does great work.

2. Power Washing - Egners Exterior Cleaning -352-728-8537 - Great people, dependable and on time.

3. Pest and Lawn fertilization - Massey's - 352-259-0500.

Welcome to the Marion County end of the Villages - you'll love it!
Old 03-06-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI SNOWBIRD View Post
Welcome to the forum! Glad you found paradise here in TV. We're from Suffolk County-- and you?
Suffolk County as well here....south shore near Smith Point ocean park....looking forward to the Villages!!!
Old 03-06-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitakk View Post
I live down the street from you in Springdale (7 years) and have recommendations for all three:

1. Lawn Service - Ben Feasel - 352-208-8209 - Dependable, honest and does great work.

2. Power Washing - Egners Exterior Cleaning -352-728-8537 - Great people, dependable and on time.

3. Pest and Lawn fertilization - Massey's - 352-259-0500.

Welcome to the Marion County end of the Villages - you'll love it!

Thanks for the suggestions! While down in the Villages two weeks ago, went to the Springdale pool...just beautiful!
Old 03-07-2011, 06:13 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Welcome

Welcome from another fellow Long Islander.Hope you don't have to stay up north to long. TV is a GREAT place to live.We've been here 18 months already and don't regret the move one bit.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
Welcome from another fellow Long Islander.Hope you don't have to stay up north to long. TV is a GREAT place to live.We've been here 18 months already and don't regret the move one bit.
Thanks alot...looking forward to it....don't have too too long until retirement. Have friends in TV who have been telling me about TV for 8 years now....grew up in Patchogue, moved to Westhampton, living in Shirley now.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:54 AM

I'm a long Islander too!
Old 10-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Platinum member

Off subject here...sorry. Can someone tell me how far Woodbury Village is from the squares and shopping areas? Thanks much for any replies.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Sage

Liere,

Welcome to TOTV and to the neighborhood! We are in Springdale, so perhaps we'll meet at the pool.

Best wishes on your closing and future life on the beautiful north side of Lower Paradise!

Old 10-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Stellar is great for lawn services,etc. Marty is a wonderful young man who provides quality service and if you are ever unhappy, he sends someone over immediately to take care of it. His company does it all...mows, edges, trims, fertilizes, weeds AND bug sprays (inside and out) for one set yearly fee. He also does power washing.

Here is this number. I am spelling it because sometimes numbers are blocked.

three five two-five five three-two five nine seven
Old 10-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Off subject here...sorry. Can someone tell me how far Woodbury Village is from the squares and shopping areas? Thanks much for any replies.
I live in the complete opposite end from there, but since everybody has skipped your question I'll try and answer you. I'm in Tamarind Grove which is one of the areas that new construction is going on. Woodbury is near the VA Medical Clinic and for me it's 11 miles and a 35 minute drive, that's shows you how big TV is. In that area Mulberry Grove would be your closest shopping center, maybe five minutes away and they have a Publix. In fact there is a Publix in almost every major shopping center around TV.

Somebody before was asking where was a place that was far away from the squares, the answer would probably be Woodbury. I guess Spanish Springs is 4 miles, maybe more, and Lake Sumter would probably be six miles or more. I find that Route 466 is sort of a dividing line, those like myself who live south of it will stay south for the most part and people living north will stay up that way. So I don't travel that way much and I've only been here three months.

Of course they could say the same about us in Tamarind Grove, I'm about 3-1/2 miles from Lake Sumter Square and Spanish Springs is about 6 miles. By golf cart LSL takes about 15 minutes and SS takes about 25 minutes, not really that bad.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.