"Village Ready"????

Closed Thread
Old 04-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Question "Village Ready"????

In preparing to move to the villages, I have been looking at alot of adds for golf carts. Many of them say "Village Ready". What exactly does "Village Ready" mean? I assume it includes head lights, tail lights and turnsignals, but are there also restriction on type and size of tires allowed on coursed in the village? Can the cart have a lift? What all is required to be village ready?
Old 04-22-2011, 04:26 AM
Veteran member

Headlights, tailights, horn,turn signals running lights make a cart villages ready along with the gear up to make speeds to 19.9 mph. If you lift a cart for special wheels they will have to be golf course friendly or they won't let you take the cart on the course.

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 04-22-2011, 05:53 AM
Default Village Ready (or not)???

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewt View Post
In preparing to move to the villages, I have been looking at alot of adds for golf carts. Many of them say "Village Ready". What exactly does "Village Ready" mean? I assume it includes head lights, tail lights and turnsignals, but are there also restriction on type and size of tires allowed on coursed in the village? Can the cart have a lift? What all is required to be village ready?
I believe that means it stops at each of the corner huts at the town squares. They also have extra cup holders for the two for ones.
Additionally, it stays in a straight line even if you feel like swerving........I think!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnewt View Post

In preparing to move to the villages, I have been looking at alot of adds for golf carts. Many of them say "Village Ready". What exactly does "Village Ready" mean?
I think "Villages Ready" generally means the tires are OK to use on golf courses. But people sometimes get pretty creative when they're advertising. Businesses advertise as "Golf Cart Approved" when they mean "golf cart accessible".
Old 04-22-2011, 09:00 AM
Veteran member

Personally, I think Villages Golf Carts is the place to buy a cart. Great sales staff and even better service. They will take care of any problem right away.

The big thing in golf carts being "Villages Ready" is the speed. Police are pretty picky when seeing golf carts on the roads (not cart paths) going over 20 mph. It can cost you a lot of money if you are picked up.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedoman View Post
Headlights, tailights, horn,turn signals running lights make a cart villages ready along with the gear up to make speeds to 19.9 mph. If you lift a cart for special wheels they will have to be golf course friendly or they won't let you take the cart on the course.
Excellent info - thanks!
Old 04-22-2011, 06:05 PM

Thanks all for responses. I have a much better understanding of what is required/needed for the villages.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.