New address missing!

Closed Thread
Old 07-18-2021, 06:43 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,556 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macedo View Post
We have purchased a home in Citrus Grove but our address is not showing up as a postal address, so I can’t make any address changes for my mail. How long does it take, we are closing on 8/6.
Why dont you ask at the post office
Old 07-18-2021, 06:48 AM
Location: Citrus Grove from Village of Santo Domingo & Sterling Hts Michigan
Default The Villages App

I just have a lot as of now, in Citrus Grove (construction starting soon). I wanted to see how long it would take me to get there by golf cart, I entered the address into The Villages App hit directions for golf cart and it found my new address. Oh 1 hour 23 min, looks like a pit stop for lunch at Fiesta Grande in Colony Plaza.
Old 07-18-2021, 06:49 AM

Ask them to download The Villages app.
Old 07-18-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
We are in Chitty Chatty, and Google still does not show our street. The streets here have been in Waze from the get go, and that was what FedEx and UPS drivers use. The weird part is that Waze is owned by Google. Go figure.
Try using Wildwood as your town.
It works for me in Chitty.
Old 07-18-2021, 07:12 AM
Default Usps

We set up a PO Box at the Wildwood Post Office to forward all mail until we closed escrow. Once we closed escrow our street address was recognized by the USPS and we closed the PO Box, and put a forwarding order on it to our new street address.

Don’t use Google maps for navigation. They are way behind and it actual sends people to our street address in Leesburg (happen to two vendors). Warn vendors you use of this issue, and have them download the Waze map app and your street address will work. However, you have to say Wildwood, FL instead of The Villages…but it works.
Old 07-18-2021, 07:12 AM

In my last neighborhood I added the streets to Google Maps. It solved my problem including getting on NextDoor.
Old 07-18-2021, 07:31 AM
Veteran member
Default Address

Quote:
We have purchased a home in Citrus Grove but our address is not showing up as a postal address, so I can’t make any address changes for my mail. How long does it take, we are closing on 8/6.
Been here a year in Linden.. Officially The Villages is our city.. We still tell friends to put Wildwood for the city not The Villages in Google or Waze or they will not find us.
Old 07-18-2021, 08:08 AM
Location: Lived in MD, SC, DE, PA, VA, CA, Italy, Spain, USNS Comfort & Mercy...moved from New Mexico
Default Finding new Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
If I recall [!] we got the keys to our postal box at closing which box was simply our street address rather than a p.o. box number address. Until that closing I think we had our mail sent c/o the Postmaster and picked it up at the main post office. Your best answer might just come from contacting the Postmaster for your delivery area.
Understand ur dilemma as my husband and I encountered the same thing when we closed in V of St Catherine's in June. Our real estate agent suggested we obtain the coordinates for our house and provide it to vendors, moving company and it worked very well!

Having moved many times during military service, we always get a PO Box for a year and did same here. The clerk gave us the address for receiving boxes from Amazon etc since many vendors won't ship to PO Boxes and it worked like a charm. A year allows time to sort out what we want to keep and discard the trash.

Joan
Old 07-18-2021, 08:49 AM
Default Get Waze app

Get off of Google Maps they are behind the times. Closed in April and Google maps still can't find my address on Waterman. The Waze app is far better and you will find all the new roads.
Old 07-18-2021, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Put in your change of address online with the effective date of your closing. Worked great for me.
Old 07-18-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
I moved into Hawkins in June and am still not on any gps maps but the post office, ups, fed ex and Amazon have been able to find me. I cannot however order ubereats or delivery of that nature.
I moved to Fenny which was opened years before I got here and it took a very long time for the nail to work. I still get wrong mail years later. It still comes up as wildwood
Old 07-18-2021, 09:21 AM

Use the USPS web site to enter your change of address. You need a credit card to do it. If it doesn't recognize The Villages as your city, try Wildwood. One or the other should work to enter your official change of address.
Old 07-18-2021, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,739 Times in 1,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritagoyer View Post
Get off of Google Maps they are behind the times. Closed in April and Google maps still can't find my address on Waterman. The Waze app is far better and you will find all the new roads.
Need help adding my new address to google maps - Google Maps Community.
Old 07-18-2021, 09:39 AM
Default Citrus Grove Mail

We closed on our home 6/15 and was the first resident on our street. We didn’t have a problem with our mail but Comcast did not recognize our address and said they did not service this area. We explained they are listed as a supplier in our welcome packet but they kept insisting our zip code was wrong and it could take 4 to 6 weeks so we called Spectrum and they hooked up our service that evening. We just got our first new neighbor and they got Comcast so they finally did find their way into our neighborhood.
Waze was the only GPS that found our new home.
Old 07-18-2021, 10:37 AM

The address of the home must appear somewhere. I cannot believe that the contract you signed when you made the decision doesn't show the address. The same for the mortgage company, the lawyers handling the closing, etc.
Closed Thread

Tags
address, make, mail, long, can’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.