New to area and ready to play!

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2018, 06:26 PM
Default New to area and ready to play!

Hi. I am new to The Villages area and live in Lady Lake. I moved here at the end of January and love it here. I am from the Chicago suburbs.
I play trumpet and Flugelhorn and want to play in a horn band playing R & B, Soul, Motown, Oldies, Disco, Latin, TOP, Chicago, Santana etc.
I'd like to join an existing band or possibly help form such a band.

Best,

Scott Wiltfang
Old 10-02-2018, 12:17 PM

Hello Trumpetguy!
My wife and I will be Village residents this November and will be looking to connect with the local music scene when we get down there. We both play in a couple of bands up here in the Northeast right now... actually playing out our last gigs right now... :-( I play bass and she plays rhythm guitar and sings lead. Spent alot of time in Motown/R&B bands with horn sections, as well as classic rock, country, and a little jazz.

We know a drummer/singer who moved to the Villages last year who is interested in trying to put a project together when we get down there. Sounds like we just need a lead guitar and sax player.. lol.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Veteran member

Probably the best place to meet other local like-minded musicians is at McCalls, in Spanish Springs on Tues evenings. Open Blues jam nite. All are welcome. Ask for Paul.
Closed Thread

Tags
band, play, chicago, area, motown

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.