New to this forum; coming for Lifestyle visit

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2015, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
All good comments from all. I agree with the lifestyle visit and then renting, but take a slight turn. Rent during the summer! For a couple of reasons. First it is less expensive. Next, everyone knows it is great in TV when it is 10 degress in the mid-west. Howver it gets pretty darn hot in the TV during the summer! Personnaly it does not bother me that much playing golf in 100 degree heat, but not all can handle the heat. This is not a "dry" heat like AZ. it is just damm hot!

The last good reason to try TV in the summer is it not as crowded!

Come on down, I am sure you will enjoy your time here!
I posted a reply to all you nice people, but it didn't show up. Not sure what happened, but THANK YOU to all of you for so much help. And a special "howdy" from Central Ohio to all of you in Buckeye Nation! I'm really looking forward to visiting in April!
Old 02-24-2015, 12:05 PM
Sage
Default Warning!!!

Once you visit, you will never be the same!!!

It's good that you are coming for a visit with your daughter, as you will both see this is a place worthy of retiring to, with all of it's many activities and entertainment venues.

Hopefully, she will understand that your happiness, is what should matter. The grands will come down and visit and your children will have a place to vacation to!!!

Best wishes in your decision!!!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-24-2015, 11:29 PM

Well, here's my 3rd attempt to post a thank you to all of you helpful folks! Your advice was much appreciated and I really look forward to my visit in April. Hope this post gets posted!
Old 02-24-2015, 11:37 PM
Veteran member

We look forward to your visit as well! Let us know if there is anything at all you need. We can recommend restaurants, where to shop, who to use as a realtor (and you will need a realtor, you just haven't figured that out yet, LOL), what flavor of kool-aid you like, how to navigate the roundabouts, what a loofah pad on an antennae means, etc., etc.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 02-25-2015, 08:29 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

April is a GREAT month to visit! Enjoy!
Old 02-25-2015, 08:28 PM

You guys are all so kind. And so many Ohio Buckeyes! I'm already excited cuz I can already tell how great TV is going to be. As much as I enjoy my job (an OB nurse and nursing instructor), I've been dreaming about retirement since I started working (!) and I've always pictured doing all the hobbies I don't have time for now, spending time with friends and family, and being active for as long as I can. TV seems to have all those things except for being with my family. I can see that there are so many of you who are living my dream too!
Old 02-25-2015, 09:04 PM
Sage

Find 3 other couples that live near your family in Ohio and quarter share a condo. Look in the TV phonebook for the Ohio section. Two weeks on and six weeks off, all year long. Lease a car too for everyone to share. Get long term storage near the airport. Go back whenever you want. Use Southwest if you can, buy the airline tickets early and reschedule as needed.

[i didn't read all the posts so disregard if inappropriate]
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.