New home! Recommendation for electrician, gutters & leaders and water system

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2021, 09:06 AM

Stipes for gutters get the 6 inch. Did you have them where you used to live? Yes for the heavy rains in the summer months.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:27 AM

Electric - Premier Power 352-978-7015

Gutters - Watkins Gutters 352-812-0831

I have used both companies for my home. Extremely satisfied with the professionalism, quality and customer service.

Enjoy your new home!
Old 12-31-2021, 10:38 AM

For the electrician you might consider the people that wired your house. At closing you'll get a list of the contractors used on your home. We had Galaxy and had them do some additional low voltage work for us including putting rear channel speakers in our ceiling. Very helpful and reasonable. Also had them put in a Whole House surge suppressor, as recommended by Mike Holmes. Can't be too careful in the Lightning Capital of the world.

We have Pegasus for Water and used the Guru Gutter Guys, aka Roof Guys and Solar Guys. They had a great price and provided great service.

Welcome to The Villages!
Old 12-31-2021, 12:12 PM
Default I have used Meeks Plumbing

I have used Meeks plumbing for repairs. I needed to replace a leaking water softener. I purchased an Aquasure one myself from Home Depot and Meeks installed . I made sure the unit would handle the hardness of the water as reported by TV and that it recharged based on consumption - not on a schedule - thus reducing the salt requirement.
For electricians - I have use IN-Charge several times and they are reasonable.
I have been using Broward Factory Service for warranty on appliances, etc. and it worked nicely - no cost for a water heater replacement.
I'm struggling with irrigation system issues. I've used 3 different companies and they all want to replace the entire system rather than just fix/adjust the heads.
Old 12-31-2021, 02:07 PM

Hills Gutters
Pegasus Water
Pike Electric
Old 01-01-2022, 02:54 PM

Second the recommended Stipes for gutters. They will protect your foundation and home.

I recommend you start with the electric company that wired your home. Home Warranty Dept can answer a lot of your questions about material and ‘suggested’ contractors.

We installed a Pegasus system. I’m thinking of replacing it with a filter system from Kiley and Sons. I think it is superior to Nova. Not that Nova is bad. About $1000 including water softener filter. Reportedly, the Kiley water softener filter is more effective that Nova’s.
Old 01-01-2022, 02:56 PM

I use Massey for sprinkler system. Very happy with their work after 3 years.
Closed Thread

Tags
system, home, water, electrician, appreciated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.