New Kid in Town

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2011, 05:31 PM

Wow! Lots of folks from frozen NY...Very familiar with Livingston County and uh J. Chase, do we know each other? We need to talk! As far as buying everyone lunch...er, uh...how about coffee at DD? And yes, you did spell Skaneateles (sounds like skinny atlas) correct.

Last edited by Chief X; 02-17-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:19 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default upstate

Welcome from another upstater.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:34 PM

Welcome. I am from Yates County. Been here since November last year and just love it.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X View Post
Thanks everyone! Let's see, I'm actually from the Finger Lakes Region, Seneca County - then moved to Wayne Co, on Lake Ontario and then to the Hudson Valley, Orange Co. (confused yet?). I reside now in El Cortez and I'm really pleased here. Not into golf (yet) but I'm an avid runner, in-fact, I just came in from a 9 miler. I'm also into motorcycles some, I have two Harleys.

Ok, enough for now, I need to keep some things secret, haha. Thanks again. Meet and Greet? Perhaps. Thanks for the invite!

We're from Orange County too. Blooming Grove, just outside of Monroe.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:00 PM

Another upstate NY person here.......New Hartford, New York. You are just going to LOVE it here.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

Thanks for sharing your blog, Chief -- looks very interesting. No, we're not from up North but we're just as happy to welcome you to paradise.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:28 PM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Hi Chief,,, welcome to TOTV and TV....
Wanna come to the luncheon on Friday to meet other TOTV'ers? Or how about the Meet and Greet for Newbies??? Hope to see you soon.

Oh,, I'm from the "lower"part of the state ...LOL
I've also seen several references to a Newbies orientation. I will be in The Villages in March for a househunting trip. Can you tell me when it is held and if it's possible for an almost-Villager to attend? Also, can you recommend any other activities/meetings that would give me an opportunity to talk to other TVers?

PS - I'm originally an upstate NY gal - born in Schenectady, raised in Endwell, lived in Ithaca and White Plains. Can't wait for sunshine and warm weather!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default March

If you happen to be here for St. Pats. there's a big parade and block party in both squares. Should be able to get all the info you need. also you'll see how much fun people have here. Other then that just go to the squares at night, stop by a local watering hole or ride around and if you see some people just stop and talk. Most of us don't bite.There's always music, kareoke etc. Third Friday of every month at Crispers is the TOTV get together. I'm sure they wouldn't mind you stopping by at all. Just ask for Kathie I when you get there. Trust me she'll steer you in the right direction.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:59 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor111947 View Post
I've also seen several references to a Newbies orientation. I will be in The Villages in March for a househunting trip. Can you tell me when it is held and if it's possible for an almost-Villager to attend? Also, can you recommend any other activities/meetings that would give me an opportunity to talk to other TVers?

PS - I'm originally an upstate NY gal - born in Schenectady, raised in Endwell, lived in Ithaca and White Plains. Can't wait for sunshine and warm weather!
Hi Taylor, its not really an orientation, but a "meet and greet" where newbies and oldies (lol) meet to exchange information, laughs and to just get to know each other.

This normally occurs every 3rd Friday of the month, you'll see it on the forum calendar or I sometimes post a reminder about it. It is at Crispers on 466 and 101 @ 3pm. We can have as many as 30 people there and its a fun event. Crispers is a nice self-serve type restaurant that has good food and is reasonably priced. March's meeting will be March 18 and I hope you will be there at that time.

As far as meeting other TV'ers to meet them, PM me when you get here and I will try to arrange a special event for our other friends here to meet you. Just let me know.

BTW, you will love it here....

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-23-2011, 07:40 PM

Wow!! Orange County Hudson Valley region. We're from Cornwall, NY along the Hudson, beautiful little town.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancer64 View Post
Wow!! Orange County Hudson Valley region. We're from Cornwall, NY along the Hudson, beautiful little town.
Our northern home in Blooming Grove is just a few miles from Cornwall, in fact the two towns share a border. Cornwall is indeed a beautiful little village.
The Hudson Valley is a beautiful area in the spring, summer and fall. Winters are difficult though. That's why snowbirding suits us just fine and we're in no hurry to sell the NY home. Some day we'll probably have to make a choice and a tough choice it will be. I honestly don't know where we'll end up.
Until then we'll be content travelling back and forth.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.