Sun Kissed Model

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2017, 11:26 AM
Default Sun Kissed Model

Hello, all -- I'm brand new and am looking to relocate to the Villages within the year. I'll be in the neighborhood soon to look at houses, but in the meantime I've tried to do some homework. Based strictly on the floor plan, I like the looks of the Sun Kissed model. Many of those appear to be in Pine Hills (which I notice has received mixed reviews, although the posts are getting old now), but -- not knowing my way around The Villages -- doesn't yet mean a lot to me. Anyway...

Does anyone who knows that model have an opinion of it they'd care to share? And, for that matter, a current opinion of Pine Hills? Thanks for your time. Cheers.

Last edited by DCOrange; 01-09-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:22 PM
Veteran member

That model compares to the Stetson found in the models above route 466 and the Amarillo, found in the center of The Villages. There may be others very similar. As they built them, if there was a little change in the models, they changed the name, but basically, these are similar. They called them ranchers but now they're called bungalows I believe. What I'm trying to say is you can find the floorpan you like almost anywhere but the name of the model could be different.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I have a Sun Kissed and we love it.

They are building some up in the historic district as part of the renewal program.

If you want to spend a bit more and get a few more upgrades, the Bourgainvilla is the same house but a designer home as opposed to a cottage. They also built one called the Amarillo that has been discontinued.

Some of the differences between the designer model and the cottage is that the cottage doesn't come with gutters. It also does not have ceiling fans. Cottages have vinyl flooring in areas where I think designers have tile. Designers may also have stone counter tops.

The only new homes in TV are in the new sections or the historic district.

I'd be glad to answer any specific questions you might have about the Sun Kissed.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:37 PM
Sage

sent you a private message....
Old 01-09-2017, 01:41 PM

I'll be moving down with two stupid (but loveable) orange cats from near Ithaca. I'll miss the genuine prettiness of upstate NY, but I'll relish the warmth. By the way, are cats well received down there? These little guys are pretty friendly.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:03 PM

Thanks for the useful comments, all. Any further comments and opinions are welcome.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCOrange View Post
Based strictly on the floor plan, I like the looks of the Sun Kissed model. Many of those appear to be in Pine Hills (which I notice has received mixed reviews, although the posts are getting old now), but -- not knowing my way around The Villages -- doesn't yet mean a lot to me. Anyway...
They're in Pine Hills because the developer is building the new homes there. Depending on when you move here and wanting to buy new, will determine where you live. If you moved here in the summer of 2011 and were wanting a new home, you would be now living in Tamarind Grove or St. James. 2012 it would of been Sanibel and so on. That's why there are more of that model in Pine Hills. I did see there were 3 resales in other villages. There are about 75 villages with about 1,000 homes in each one, and The Villages (TV) is spread over 35 square miles. There is a lot to decide when you visit, but the home you buy may determine where you live.

Since you're looking at cottages, one model that I liked was 'The Hommock'. The kitchen wasn't wedged into a corner but move open with a bar in the middle and the non-carpeted area extended into the dining room. We have a CYV (courtyard villa) and had the same situation, carpet in the dining room. A year after we moved in, we had the kitchen, foyer and dining room redone with wood floors. It makes it look so much nicer when the floors all match and not serving food in a carpeted area. Here's a link to a Hammock floorplan.

http://www.thevillages.com/homes/new...Hammock-FP.pdf

Unfortunately the only Hammocks at the moments are new and are in Pine Hills. However, since you're not moving until a year from now, everything changes month-to-month.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:38 PM

Thanks for the good info, John. Frankly, I have no preference (yet, anyway) between a new home or an older one, nor for one village over another. Having only visited TV once before, and that for just six or so hours, I simply don't know enough yet.

I like the Sun Kissed floor plan because it looks sensible to me. I especially like that you can go from the garage through the laundry/mud room to the kitchen without having to muddy up the living an dining areas along the way.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing a few homes when I get down there. I had to changed my plans (was supposed to fly down on 1/11) and now expect to be there in March.
Closed Thread

Tags
model, hills, opinion, sun, pine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.