New member from Colorado

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Default New member from Colorado

Hi all,

Just joined ToTV after lurking for a short while. My wife and I (both avid golfers) are beginning the search for our retirement home, and TV is definitely on the list.

We're planning an exploratory trip in January, and expect to do a lifestyle visit then.

I'm sure we'll have questions in the coming months, and I look forward to meeting you all on-line.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by COgolfer View Post
Hi all,

Just joined ToTV after lurking for a short while. My wife and I (both avid golfers) are beginning the search for our retirement home, and TV is definitely on the list.

We're planning an exploratory trip in January, and expect to do a lifestyle visit then.

I'm sure we'll have questions in the coming months, and I look forward to meeting you all on-line.
Welcome to this forum and as you visit.

I am just doing a little check. Take your right hand and place it on your forehead. If it feels warm, then you will soon be one of us. You would have to be stone cold dead not to love it here in Lower Paradise..

This place is irresistable.

But NOT completely perfect....but close.

Remember on new homes there is a bond that is a separate charge from the price of a home. It is for infrastructure, the roads and pipes and electricity etc. That charge is about 23K for a home of about 2000 sq. ft.

You cannot use a VA or FHA loan to buy a new home here but you can use it on a resale.

The IRS has had an investigation going for five years on whether the bonds that fund the municipality called a CDD (Community Development District) are taxable. A CDD form of government is very much like ...to me anyway...a benign dictatorship. The IRS bond investigation is not the bond for the infrastructure. As far as I know only two people understand the IRS inquiry.

There are mostly people who are over the age of 55 living here. Some are a little over and some are way over.

It still surprises me and I am way over.

You will love it here on this forum where you can see that we are a little bit serious and a little bit nutsy.

This is far more fun than I could every imagined the fourth quarter of the game of life to be.

Kindest wishes,
Graciegirl. 73.

I don't work for The Villages and I don't know the Morses. But I do think I have a little chip embedded in my neck.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-12-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Welcome to this forum and as you visit.

I am just doing a little check. Take your right hand and place it on your forehead. If it feels warm, then you will soon be one of us. You would have to be stone cold dead not to love it here in Lower Paradise..

This place is irresistable.

But NOT completely perfect....but close.

Remember on new homes there is a bond that is a separate charge from the price of a home. It is for infrastructure, the roads and pipes and electiricity etc. That charge is about 23K for a home of about 2000 sq. ft.

You cannot use a VA or FHA loan to buy a new home here but you can use it on a resale.

The IRS has had an investigation going for five years on whether the bonds that fund the municipality called a CDD (Community Development District) are taxable. A CDD form of government is very much like ...to me anyway...a benign dictatorship. The IRS bond investigation is not the bond for the infrastructure. As far as I know only two people understand the IRS inquiry.

There are mostly people who are over the age of 55 living here. Some are a little over and some are way over.

It still surprises me and I am way over.

You will love it here on this forum where you can see that we are a little bit serious and a little bit nutsy.

This is far more fun than I could every imagined the fourth quarter of the game of life to be.

Kindest wishes,
Graciegirl. 73.

I don't work for The Villages and I don't know the Morses. But I do think I have a little chip embedded in my neck.
to TOTV.

What Gracie said and no one knows how the bond issue is going to turn out if ever, as the appeals process could take errrrr like forever.

TV will blow you away. Bring your checkbook.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-11-2013, 12:36 PM
Location: Wisconsin, San Antonio, Germany, Korea, Alabama and soon The Villages

Welcome to TOTV. Have fun on your visit in January!
Old 03-11-2013, 12:57 PM

Thanks all! We're looking forward to our visit.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:22 PM
Veteran member

Make sure you check out the Colorado club! We are a great group of people. We lived in Evergreen and Boulder.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:03 AM

Thanks Villager! I saw that there was a Colorado club.

My wife is a native Coloradan (yes, there are some ). One of her biggest concerns about Florida is the humidity. How was your adjustment to the climate?
Old 03-13-2013, 01:30 PM

Just found out that I have to wait until mid-late summer to book our Lifestyle Preview visit in January . We've planned this trip so far in advance because we're on frequent flyer tickets (United), and the dates fit our other needs.

Hopefully, it won't be a problem to book the visit when they open up January reservations. I'll just have to chill till then.

On another note, does anyone know why ToTV has been sporadically slow the last couple of days?
Old 03-13-2013, 01:38 PM

Just found out that I have to wait until mid-late summer to book our Lifestyle Preview visit in January . We've planned this trip so far in advance because we're on frequent flyer tickets (United), and the dates fit our other needs.

Hopefully, it won't be a problem to book the visit when they open up January reservations. I'll just have to chill till then.

On another note, does anyone know why ToTV has been sporadically slow the last couple of days?
Old 03-13-2013, 07:07 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Thanks Villager! I saw that there was a Colorado club.

My wife is a native Coloradan (yes, there are some ). One of her biggest concerns about Florida is the humidity. How was your adjustment to the climate?
When we first moved here, I thought I'd prefer the humidity over the dryness of Colorado. I guess I still feel that way but it is HOT in the summer (and feels hotter to me each summer). But, when I'm back in Colorado I really notice how dry my skin is, so there ya go.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Gold member

if you are coming in mid summer book a round trip
Old 03-13-2013, 09:31 PM

We moved to TV from Colorado Springs last summer and don't regret it a bit. Yes, there is more humidity.....but I have felt much better, no constant winter sinus infection, skin is definitely in better shape, my dry eyes are better, and I can swim or golf or play cards, or do any number of things every single day of the year. The humidity is usually pretty tolerable and as someone once said to me, when you live in Minnesota, or Wisconsin, or Colorado, or some other cold place you don't just go stand outside in the cold all the time. We don't stand outside in the hot humidity all day long here. You actually learn to plan your day around the hottest (not any hotter than CO, really) time, and you go indoors to the air-conditioning. Go to a movie, read a book, go to the pool, go shopping, take a nap. Just enjoy it all.

Good luck with your visit and your move. And do visit the Colorado Club.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:00 AM
Default Colorado

We have been here for two weeks now after visiting twice form Denver, while we sometimes miss the mountains I never miss the snow or the cold. When summer comes we will know more about the heat and humidity. But for now we love it and hey our AC works fine. And there is more golf here then anywhere else in the world (not sure if that's a fact but it seems like it) and if you live here it's a lot less expensive then anywhere else.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:42 AM

Thanks for the feedback everyone! We're looking forward to our visit next year.

If we do choose TV, or even Florida, it will be somewhat of a homecoming for me - I lived in Orlando/Winter Park for about 6 years from '59-'61 and '63-'66, then in Hollywood for 2 years after that until my parents began their westward trek.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:

Technical problem. Admin say it'll be better by this afternoon. See thread on it.
In reality, they're different!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.