New member trying to post a classified ad

Closed Thread
Old 10-04-2020, 09:54 AM
Default New member trying to post a classified ad

I joined the forum yesterday, and I am attempting a new classified ad. I have gone to the classified section, logged in there, but I am unable to start a new ad. Need some assistance on the step(s) I am missing.
Old 10-04-2020, 10:03 AM

Me too. New member yesterday. Joined to use the classified ads to sell items, but cannot sign in. Am I too soon after joining. Is there a waiting period. Is it because its a weekend and nothing happens unless it is a weekday. Help.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

At one time there was a minimum number of posts that had to be made before you could post to the classifieds not sure if this is still the case.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:49 AM

I am unable to find seller information on the classifieds. I click on the item for sale and am asked to register again...which I do, but the seller contact information still won’t display. I reported this problem, but still no resolution.
Old 10-04-2020, 01:12 PM

It appears that there are some additional requirements in order to add a classified ad. I do not see any rules on the forum page at all. Hope a moderator can assist.
Old 10-04-2020, 04:18 PM
Default No access allowed for new members?

Yesterday it seemed fine, but I just tried to register to get a landlord's contact information, and it said I was not allowed access. Did I do something wrong? Karen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankman View Post
Me too. New member yesterday. Joined to use the classified ads to sell items, but cannot sign in. Am I too soon after joining. Is there a waiting period. Is it because its a weekend and nothing happens unless it is a weekday. Help.
Old 10-04-2020, 05:57 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaJones View Post
I joined the forum yesterday, and I am attempting a new classified ad. I have gone to the classified section, logged in there, but I am unable to start a new ad. Need some assistance on the step(s) I am missing.
Are you a current resident of The Villages?

TERMS OF SERVICE - Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More

All items listed for sale must be by a current Village resident and the item located inside the Villages for pick up.
Old 10-05-2020, 05:47 AM
Angry

I have had the same problem for over six months!!! I’ve been in touch with Support and I’m still not able to post. I can now reply to a message but I cannot post. I find it very frustrating and it’s almost like you need a masters degree to figure out this website! It should not be that complicated. Support is very nice and they actually sent me a YouTube video except that what’s on YouTube is not what I see on my iPad or computer went on the site!! Frustrating as this is a good source for Village residents.
Old 10-05-2020, 06:57 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
It took a few days and maybe signing up a couple times before I was properly registered. Probably due to busy people in the office. Since then, I’ve only tried to buy something once. When you click on an item, you should be able to then sign in again (required), and then you will see contact information for the seller. I did that and we made contact without trouble.

However, yesterday, I was “reading” the other rap sheet/Online paper not named on here and saw a classified ad there for a chair I wanted to buy. That’s when I discovered that there is apparently NO way of buying something through THAT source or contacting anyone. I looked at Help and FAQ pages. There was info on posting ads, but nothing at all about responding. I sent a couple messages to the “paper”, but all I got was a message that it would take a couple days for a response.

Does anyone here know the trick?
Old 10-05-2020, 07:35 AM

Been trying for a month to be able to obtain seller info and also to list items to sell. Tried getting help from the administrator and was assigned a “ticket”. A couple of responses with absolutely no help or solution. The website sucks as far as getting any support but love the TOTV
Old 10-05-2020, 07:55 AM
Default Unable to post classified

Quote:
Same here. I signed up and tried to post a classified, but keep getting a login page, over and over.
Old 10-05-2020, 08:13 AM
Default Website

Quote:
I find this website very difficult to navigate for many things
Old 10-05-2020, 09:57 AM
Send a message via AIM to CCristella Send a message via Yahoo to CCristella

Register-menu-classified-post an ad
Old 10-05-2020, 10:11 AM

Sell your stuff on Facebook market place. Really good.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:47 AM

Yeah..but its FREE!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
classified, start, unable, assistance, steps

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.