new owner, new cart! path between Pine Ridge and??

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2021, 06:36 AM

The app you purchase gps is the best and you have a choice for cart or car it’s pretty simple
Old 06-30-2021, 06:38 AM
Default Villages GPS vs. Google Maps (bicycle mode)

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
The rec centers and possibly the pro shops carry golf cart maps around $5 these will help. Also, there are 2 villages apps, a free one and a paid one (less than $10 as I recall). These have golf cart directions.
You and your cart are not allowed on any roads marked 35 MPH or higher. There are tunnels under all of the major roads for crossing these. I strongly suggest you turn on your light so you can be seen in the tunnels.
Have you ever tried using Google Maps - on bicycle mode? The bicycle mode takes you on the golf cart trails. I much prefer using that over the Villages GPS when in my golf cart.
Old 06-30-2021, 06:44 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,301 Times in 559 Posts

Use your Ear buds with your Villages GPS App... or like another person suggested the Google directions app on Bicycle mode! You will be familiar with the paths in 2 weeks! Enjoy and Welcome, you are in the right place to age gracefully
Old 06-30-2021, 07:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,382 Times in 2,061 Posts

Be careful with Google Maps bicycle mode.

When I asked it for directions from Pine Ridge to Brownwood the bicycle mode took me through the roundabout at Morse. Not the correct thing to do on a golf cart.

Bicycle mode is probably 90+% correct but you need to watch for the <10% where it is not.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-30-2021, 07:55 AM
Talking Villages GPS AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
yes, I did purchase the villages GPS app but it's not clear to me what roads that carts can't go on and/or there is no parallel path.

so....if I'm coming off Moyer Loop, what is the best way to take my cart between:

1. Brownwood square
2. Lake Sumpter square
3. And where can I cross 466A to get to Publix on the opposite side of Colony Plaza?

thanks in advance. it's all a bit daunting...
Hit Destinations (2nd from top) in AP
Then chose (residential or) recreation & businesses
Then chose townsquares (like Brownwood) or chose shopping for Pubix
Then hit Directions
Then chose car or driving directions.
And wallah! Follow the map
Old 06-30-2021, 07:59 AM
Default Be Careful

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
I have 2 suggestions. One is to download the FREE Villages app (THE VILLAGES APP). In addition to a lot of interesting options, it also includes "Destinations" and you indicate where you want to go and get directions for your Golf Cart. (did I mention it is FREE ??). The second is to learn the routes the way we did. Buy a Villages map and at every intersection unfold it and look totally lost. I guarantee that in 5 seconds someone will stop and gladly give you directions and offer a ton of helpful advice. (and other than the $5 map cost, the directions you will receive are also FREE).
Be careful when using the free Villages gps. Twice, it had our route going on “golfers only” paths through a golf course to our destination.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:17 AM
Default Village Mixer App

Quote:
yes, I did purchase the villages GPS app but it's not clear to me what roads that carts can't go on and/or there is no parallel path.

so....if I'm coming off Moyer Loop, what is the best way to take my cart between:

1. Brownwood square
2. Lake Sumpter square
3. And where can I cross 466A to get to Publix on the opposite side of Colony Plaza?

Try the Village Mixer App. I use it and it does turn by turn Gps. The only issue I've ever had was the bridge up in Spanish Springs. It won't take you across the bridge. You just need to learn it.
Old 06-30-2021, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sire1 View Post
i have 2 suggestions. One is to download the free villages app (the villages app). In addition to a lot of interesting options, it also includes "destinations" and you indicate where you want to go and get directions for your golf cart. (did i mention it is free ??). The second is to learn the routes the way we did. Buy a villages map and at every intersection unfold it and look totally lost. I guarantee that in 5 seconds someone will stop and gladly give you directions and offer a ton of helpful advice. (and other than the $5 map cost, the directions you will receive are also free).
great response!!
Old 06-30-2021, 09:12 AM
Default Buy a Map

Best is to buy a map, study it, and take drives to learn paths. All the GPS apps are worthless.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:55 AM

The free Villages app is MUCH better and more accurate than the one you pay for. In addition it has additional useful information. IMHO
Old 06-30-2021, 12:57 PM
Default Villages GPS

The $6.99 village app is the best as it lists all directions either by car or cart. You must select your choose. Also, it has a search engine for clubs, restaurants, etc. The free app is ok, but doesn’t have all the bells and whistles the paid app contains. You get what you pay for.
Old 06-30-2021, 02:07 PM

You said you bought the Villages gps app. Just put in your destination and follow it. It will only take you on the multi modal paths OR streets you are allowed to be on. Get a phone holder for your cart so you can see it without distractions. Have fun, explore.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:07 PM

I've also recently purchased a home in the Pine Ridge neighborhood, but wonder where they got the name because there are no Pines and there is no Ridge ??
Old 07-01-2021, 12:51 PM

Be very careful. We got out on the road and it is darn near impossible to get back to the cartpath due to the curb. Everyone is honking at you and yelling. Like you really want to be there - NOT.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

1. Brownwood square
2. Lake Sumpter square

Do a little bit each day and a little bit further each day!
Closed Thread

Tags
square, cart, path, brownwood, lake

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.