New sections opening up?

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Default New sections opening up?

I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time and found lots of great info. - so thanks to all who participate. My wife visited TV last fall & both of us returned for 2 weeks the beginning of this month. We very much enjoyed our stay, visited lots of used homes and toured new models. We even made an offer on a used home but couldn't come to an agreeable point. So now we are still watching used homes popping up and considering new home sites. There is a section in Tamarind Grove that has not yet been released for sale. We drove around and it appears to be almost ready and I found the lot divisions on Sumter County's Geographic Information System map. I am working with a Villages Sales rep but was wondering how one might find out when a new section will be released for sale?
Old 05-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Sage

When a new unit is opened by TV, your Villages rep should be the first to know. Just be sure he/she is aware that you want to be notified ASAP.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Sage

And to add to what champion stated: If you feel like your sales rep isn't really on the ball or seems out of touch with what's going on, ask for a different one. The sales people probably won't get much if any advance notice on things like when lots are going to be opened up for sale. But how closely they stay tied into when that info comes available and how quickly they contact you with pertinent details - - - that's what really matters.

Bill
Old 05-18-2011, 01:37 PM

Thanks for the replies. So far we have been quite happy with our villages sales rep, I was mostly just curious as to the process and timing as it appears TV doesn't appear to advertise that such and such a section will be opening up on a certain date.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Default Sanibel

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggB View Post
I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time and found lots of great info. - so thanks to all who participate. My wife visited TV last fall & both of us returned for 2 weeks the beginning of this month. We very much enjoyed our stay, visited lots of used homes and toured new models. We even made an offer on a used home but couldn't come to an agreeable point. So now we are still watching used homes popping up and considering new home sites. There is a section in Tamarind Grove that has not yet been released for sale. We drove around and it appears to be almost ready and I found the lot divisions on Sumter County's Geographic Information System map. I am working with a Villages Sales rep but was wondering how one might find out when a new section will be released for sale?
Hi greggb,Didn't your agent tell you about Sanibel - the newest Village? Just opened on May 2nd. When we visited in March, we scouted out the lots we liked and hoped would be released and sent list to our agent. Mon morning at 9:30, he called to advise that they just released the new lots in the new Village and we bought over the phone within the hour. Have to be speedy as lots go very quickly. We wanted back privacy and those are the first to go.
Anyway, you can ask your agent about this area if it interests you. We liked the convenience to Colony shopping, Colony rec center (though we will have our own when complete), golf courses (but that of course is never an issue in TV). I just know there will be another "big box" shopping area on 466A as on 466 - signs are already out for commercial property availability. We like also that it's a new neighborhood with everyone in the same boat, though you do still have that at Tamarind Grove & St James and Buttonwood, for that matter. No matter where you go, it will be great. You must just pick what's best for you. Have you checked VillagesFSBO that has ads on this site for pre-owned?
Old 05-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Gold member

Hope this link works. It's from the latest news letter. Scroll down to midle of page and it shows the lots that are sold and the ones for sale in Village of Sanibel.

http://www.thevillages.com/newslette...home-model.htm

Also if you click on the lot your interested in .. it will give you the address.

Last edited by obxgal; 05-18-2011 at 06:03 PM. Reason: add info
Old 05-19-2011, 07:18 AM

Thanks again for the replies. Our sales rep did drive us around Sanibel but at the moment we were not interested in the available lots but may consider that area as new sections open up thus my reasoning for wanting to know how announcments are made. It seems to me that it is up to the sales reps so will see how it goes, from the looks of the way things are being built and lots sold it shouldn't take long. Thanks also for the links.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:44 AM

My sales rep said none of the sales reps know when they will open up a new unit. They announce the opening at one of their weekly sales meetings. He said you can look around the room and see plenty of the sales reps texting their clients with the news. As soon as they get out of the meeting the sales reps put a 4 hour hold on the lots in which their customers are interested.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxgal View Post
Hope this link works. It's from the latest news letter. Scroll down to midle of page and it shows the lots that are sold and the ones for sale in Village of Sanibel.

http://www.thevillages.com/newslette...home-model.htm

Also if you click on the lot your interested in .. it will give you the address.
I tried the link and the map did not display properly. If you have IE 9 (maybe 8 also) you need to activate compatibility view (TOOLS/COMPATIBILITY VIEW) to get the interactive map to display properly. Alternatively, Chrome seems to work OK.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.