Finding Jobs in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2015, 06:02 PM
Default Finding Jobs in the Villages

We are thinking of moving to The Villages this summer. I still work, while my husband is retired. I'd like to know how difficult it is to find work, either full or part time in and around the Villages. I've been working for the last 8 years in a middle school, but I am ready for a change. I've done office work, etc, previously and really would prefer to work in that sort of environment again, or service type work. I've been on the Villages Community Jobs website and have actually applied for a few jobs through that site. My question is, would it be better to wait until we've made the move, gotten settled and then look, or are the jobs listed on the website real job listings?
Old 03-28-2015, 06:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrycomfort1 View Post
We are thinking of moving to The Villages this summer. I still work, while my husband is retired. I'd like to know how difficult it is to find work, either full or part time in and around the Villages. I've been working for the last 8 years in a middle school, but I am ready for a change. I've done office work, etc, previously and really would prefer to work in that sort of environment again, or service type work. I've been on the Villages Community Jobs website and have actually applied for a few jobs through that site. My question is, would it be better to wait until we've made the move, gotten settled and then look, or are the jobs listed on the website real job listings?
I would wait until your settled if the budget will allow. That way you'll have your full concentration on your new job. I see a moderate amount of clerical jobs here. Normally on any given day there are two or so in the classifieds of the Daily Sun. Be careful of applying for anything on Craig's list. There are lots of fake jobs on there. Try Job Search | one search. all jobs. Indeed.com for your search. You can search by your new zip code and skills and many jobs in this area will appear. The pay is lower here for sure for clerical work. I was able to get $10.00 an hour and was told that I was lucky. I was earning twice that up North. Good luck and welcome to the Villages.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Can you do without your income until you find a job
Old 03-28-2015, 07:56 PM
Veteran member

Does anyone know if there is a website specifically for nursing jobs in The Villages? There are soooooo many different health care facilities, it'd be great if they all used the same site. I will be looking for a per diem job and am not quite sure where to start.

Good luck in your job search countrycomfort1!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 03-29-2015, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a website specifically for nursing jobs in The Villages? There are soooooo many different health care facilities, it'd be great if they all used the same site. I will be looking for a per diem job and am not quite sure where to start.
I'm also a nurse and I googled the hospitals in Ocala, Leesburg and TV. Then I went to their own websites and checked out the job list. I found quite a few jobs in my field (L&D/MIU) available right now, as well as many other jobs. I also teach nursing and there are colleges and community colleges nearby too. Good luck!
Old 03-29-2015, 07:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member

CC1, I was able to get a part time temporary admin position as soon as we arrived. I applied for two jobs and got the one I wanted. The temp position was perfect for me because my husband was retired, and I wasn't sure what I wanted to do when I grew up. Temp would allow me to get a lay of the land without commitment. Turns out we decided I would retire, too. We just eat out a little less. Living the Dream.
Old 03-29-2015, 09:37 PM

Have heard the Village Health System is a good employer and has good benefits . I would be cautious in coming here if the $$ is essential as pay here is low. May want to line something up in advance.

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.