New to villages

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2019, 08:12 PM
Default New to villages

Hi Villagers, I am new to this , so who knows how many times i probably thought this went through and it didn't! lol
We are new homeowners here in the Villages from Long Island. We will be part timers and Plan to Rent our Place from Jan-April. We are overwhelmed in deciding on the best Management Company to use for our peace of mind. We are reading a lot of mixed reviews on some of the companies out there , so this is pretty scary. I am a realtor here on Long Island NY so of course, I will be a little more Leary , need any help or advise from experience. Thank You, and Have a great Evening!!
Old 07-28-2019, 08:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazsold View Post
Hi Villagers, I am new to this , so who knows how many times i probably thought this went through and it didn't! lol

We are new homeowners here in the Villages from Long Island. We will be part timers and Plan to Rent our Place from Jan-April. We are overwhelmed in deciding on the best Management Company to use for our peace of mind. We are reading a lot of mixed reviews on some of the companies out there , so this is pretty scary. I am a realtor here on Long Island NY so of course, I will be a little more Leary , need any help or advise from experience. Thank You, and Have a great Evening!!
I sent you a PM. Rae

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 07-28-2019, 08:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

This site might be of interest. http://www.villagershomes4rent.com/
Since you know the business have you though of trying to find a tenant that lives near you that you could check out and rent to on your own?
There are house watch services and maybe one of these could help if you needed to do repairs.
Old 07-29-2019, 08:00 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

You have ample experience to handle this yourself. The key is onsite home watch to deal with guests (renters).

Management firms charge in the 17 to 20% range and typically lock you into their home watch services. Typically the fees for those services are inflated. Some firms may not even accept you if Jan to Apr is not available, in case your plans for rental availability change.

Rental occupancy rates are typically lower with 'profesional' firms. You will have zero problems renting in prime season. In fact, you will probably have inquiries just based on your post here.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:41 AM

I'd love to meet you fellow Long Islander. The LI club meeting was sold out so we couldn't get in.
Old 09-15-2019, 08:57 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Welcome. This is paradise.
Closed Thread

Tags
island, villages, long, scary, reviews

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.