New Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2020, 12:06 PM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

I have the most awesome neighbors and close to everything! 2/2 villa close by for sale, one by owner. I am in Santigo
Old 05-27-2020, 01:44 PM
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgizzi View Post
It depends if you want to pay more for a older home or if you want new home. The way I see it is all of this will build up. Spanish square is old. I like the newer stores we are getting in Brownwood. And resales are more money and I got the colors I wanted and a newer home with no worries. Lake Sumter same way, all this stuff was built up. Brownwood is building up and will be beautiful.
Ok....why is Brownwood the ONLY square that has a police station located next to the entrance on 44.??? There is a good reason for that.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Gotta love it when a newer poster throws out opinions

So U don't know the meaning of a preserve & call them swamps
U don't know the bond costs depend on the lot
U allude to KV towers but fail to state the safe distance
Shopping is under construction as well as a square

please be aware you mis leading readers

I get U don't like anything S of 44, civility aside, no need to go negative
Thank You!!!!! this is a recurring issue
Old 05-27-2020, 02:42 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

We have done 10 years in Duval. Loved it so much we are now moving to Chitty Chatty. Only reason for the move, Duval residents are too old for us, so hoping to fine younger minded people in CC. I have no one to drink with and listen too my music at full volume anymore. That’s not a threat to CC, but rather a wish.
Old 05-27-2020, 03:28 PM

Village of Winifred
Centrally located
Old 05-27-2020, 03:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbwp View Post
Ok....why is Brownwood the ONLY square that has a police station located next to the entrance on 44.??? There is a good reason for that.
It is located next to the Barnstorm Theater. Are you saying it has been moved?

What is the "good reason for that"? Are you putting down the residents of Wildwood because Brownwood is located within Wildwood?

Heck, the Moyer Recreation Center on Moyer Loop has a Fruitland Park Police Department Annex in it. Do you also think there is a "good reason for that" too?
Old 05-27-2020, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbrothnj View Post
Plus you pay a substantial bond with new construction ($20 - $30 thousand dollars) which you will never get back.
Boy, that's the truth. Paid off 2 whole bonds on first 2 new homes here. It didn't help recoup anything at selling time at all. Not making the same mistake again, but stuck with a 3rd bond on a resale. So even though exempt from ad valorem taxes, still have an annoyingly huge tax bill every year. Definitely have paid my share to the infrastructure of TV, but getting my money's worth on the advertised "Lifestyle," not even close. It is what it is. I've accepted that.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Old 05-27-2020, 04:52 PM
Gold member

I guess that the best situation would be to have a winter home in the south Villages, and a summer home in the north Villages.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:49 PM
Default Tamarind Grove

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I live in Tamarind Grove for 9 years, it's 3-1/2 miles from LSL and 4 miles from Brownwood. If I were moving here to another location, ground zero would be the Villages of Duval or Hemingway. They're just slightly more central and closer to Buena Vista and Morse which have MMP's. One village away in any direction would be OK. For example going south would be Sanibel or Gilchrist would be good, or going north would be Bonita or going west would be St. Charles or St. James.

With the shopping we have in our area with Colony, Walmart, Trailwinds and the two squares, I almost never go north of 466. For a golfer, I can reach 8 championship golf courses in my cart in 20 minutes or less, and I've got a great gym in MVP at Brownwood. The homes are newer, most are built since 2010 and the landscaping is mostly done.
I really like Tamarind Groves location.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:45 AM
Sage

Gas? Good way to cook your house if lightning strikes
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 05-28-2020, 08:29 AM

The new Villages is better in every way EXCEPT for shopping. Stay in the older areas for shopping convenience.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langwelld View Post
The new Villages is better in every way EXCEPT for shopping. Stay in the older areas for shopping convenience.
Figure as we get older will want to travel less distance for groceries. Made finding home in older village a priority. Not to mention we sold our home faster than we expected and had less than a month to find house.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, shopping, friendly, neighbors, reasons

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.