New Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2020, 04:47 AM

The older neighborhoods will put you closer to golf cart accessible services. Newer neighborhoods south of the turnpike will require about 10 more years.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:22 AM
Veteran member

Just about anything north of 44.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:22 AM

The new villages are south of Rt. 44 and are not yet golf car accessible.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
The older neighborhoods near Spanish Springs and Lake Sumter
I agree.

And, I appreciate the "greenery" and wildlife (animals).

Having spent most of my life in a rural, country setting, I would feel uncomfortable with a house in a strawberry field.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:00 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,136 Times in 881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Keep in mind old or new is only relative to a number on a piece of paper .....like age.

Most homes have had only two little old people living in them. Except for appliances most homes will be in excellent or like new condition.

Location, location will be the final determinant.
I disagree somewhat with this post. The villa I rent in Orange Blossom is in an older village and I can smell and see that there's been humidity/mold issues in the home. Just one week of an air conditioner failing in the summer while no one is in the home or a leak in an older roof can definitely bring about unsafe living conditions. The floors feel a little spongy too, so like other homes in the area, it probably needs to be torn down and rebuilt. Newer homes hopefully can be more trustworthy.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:29 AM
Default Location, location, location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov View Post
The older neighborhoods near Spanish Springs and Lake Sumter
We are selling our house near Lake Sumter Landing in Largo. The "new" villages is very far away by golf cart, no shopping no town square and a bond that has tripled in cost (average bond is $37K). If you want a nice lot, be prepared to spend $69K.
Oh, and a lot of it is built on swamp land or close to 345 KV towers. I suggest you look for resales.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:35 AM

Agree with all remarks, BUT, TV agents are known for pushing new builds and are desperately trying to sell south of 44. Don't let them steer you away from what YOU are looking.
Old 05-27-2020, 06:45 AM

Pinellas is in the middle of everything now
Old 05-27-2020, 06:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstty View Post
My husband and I lived in the Villages for 9 years. Now we want to go back but we don’t know the newer Villages. I like driving my golf cart shopping and friendly neighbors. Which Villages are best for that. Other reasons that make a village a happy place?
Maybe time to move on
Old 05-27-2020, 06:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pv1313 View Post
We are selling our house near Lake Sumter Landing in Largo. The "new" villages is very far away by golf cart, no shopping no town square and a bond that has tripled in cost (average bond is $37K). If you want a nice lot, be prepared to spend $69K.
Oh, and a lot of it is built on swamp land or close to 345 KV towers. I suggest you look for resales.
Gotta love it when a newer poster throws out opinions

So U don't know the meaning of a preserve & call them swamps
U don't know the bond costs depend on the lot
U allude to KV towers but fail to state the safe distance
Shopping is under construction as well as a square

please be aware you mis leading readers

I get U don't like anything S of 44, civility aside, no need to go negative
Old 05-27-2020, 06:48 AM

In most of the world, a 20 year old home (resale) would not be considered old, and may have more character than brand new. I often hear from people in the "new" construction areas, that they wished they hadn't bought there. Too far to reach the nicer, more charming squares in the north part, and all the shopping, and 441/27 and 466. Plus issues with lovebugs and mosquitos, blasting for construction, prison nearby, and other things are commented on as detractions. I would guess you are older, since you were here before and moved and are coming back. The more recent the development area, the younger the overall population tends to skew. Have also heard concerns about clique-ishness and status with the newer home areas. Only hearsay, but i've heard it more than once. Plus you pay a substantial bond with new construction ($20 - $30 thousand dollars) which you will never get back. Someone mentioned the areas around Sumter Landing - they are nice and established, with full plantings and growth, plus access to everything. We are north of there and half way between Sumter Landing and Spanish Springs. Close to both highways and shopping. For us, great place to be.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:25 AM

We love our area on tv. Our neighbors are nice and watch out house when we are not home. We are located between SS and LS. Browns wood is a long but peaceful ride by golf cart. Do your research before you buy. Good luck
Old 05-27-2020, 07:29 AM

Also, if you like to cook, a lot of areas do not have gas. That was important to my wife and I.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:50 AM

Most of the villages down south as you know have no golf cart path to the north. We live in Dunedin and our selling our home and moving to Collier. Both very nice neighborhoods.
Want to buy a house. 😉
Old 05-27-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I live in Tamarind Grove for 9 years, it's 3-1/2 miles from LSL and 4 miles from Brownwood. If I were moving here to another location, ground zero would be the Villages of Duval or Hemingway. They're just slightly more central and closer to Buena Vista and Morse which have MMP's. One village away in any direction would be OK. For example going south would be Sanibel or Gilchrist would be good, or going north would be Bonita or going west would be St. Charles or St. James.

With the shopping we have in our area with Colony, Walmart, Trailwinds and the two squares, I almost never go north of 466. For a golfer, I can reach 8 championship golf courses in my cart in 20 minutes or less, and I've got a great gym in MVP at Brownwood. The homes are newer, most are built since 2010 and the landscaping is mostly done.
I agree 100%
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, shopping, friendly, neighbors, reasons

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.