New Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2020, 07:51 AM

I like that area too. My husband and I close on our Villa in a couple of weeks. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
We bought in Liberty Park. It is so convenient to pools, rec centers, golfing, etc..... it’s crazy!
Old 05-27-2020, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Gotta love it when a newer poster throws out opinions

So U don't know the meaning of a preserve & call them swamps
U don't know the bond costs depend on the lot
U allude to KV towers but fail to state the safe distance
Shopping is under construction as well as a square

please be aware you mis leading readers

I get U don't like anything S of 44, civility aside, no need to go negative
They are building a 4th square? That is news to us.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pstty View Post
My husband and I lived in the Villages for 9 years. Now we want to go back but we don’t know the newer Villages. I like driving my golf cart shopping and friendly neighbors. Which Villages are best for that. Other reasons that make a village a happy place?
You’ll get so many different opinions. Best to come see for yourself. The area that is now considered to be South will eventually be in the middle with all the land TV has purchased so far. I for one think North is way too crowded. Especially the Sumter area. I enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the South and the wide open walking/biking trails.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:06 AM

I bought a starter house on "The Historic" side with a Water View. Bought a "Forever House" on Lake Paradise. Got rid of the car. Everything is Golf Cart accessible except for Sams. Lake County Taxes, no bond, bigger lots. Stay north of 466.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:21 AM

The Vilages north of 466A and South of 466 are an ideal location, close to the Landing and about equal trip to Brownwood or Spanish Springs
Old 05-27-2020, 08:27 AM

If you want a new community, you should be looking south of 44, that's where all the new construction is. The cart access is still not available to Brownwood, but it's coming. I have a strong feeling there will be another square in the next few years south of 44. Its the new in place!
Old 05-27-2020, 08:34 AM

I looked for 10 years and have a lot of family in the villages. My brother gave me the best piece of advice. Buy new. Your house will be great and what you want. Your neighbors will be your age. Neighborhoods age and unfortunately residents with them. We found a very vibrant situation in Monarch Grove with a lot of active people.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:48 AM

Certainly NOT ANYTHING below SR44........ not established, next to no facilities, and may never be many if any, and shopping in your cart no way..... good luck
Old 05-27-2020, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
Certainly NOT ANYTHING below SR44........ not established, next to no facilities, and may never be many if any, and shopping in your cart no way..... good luck
And here we go, again
Old 05-27-2020, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nusch View Post
...My brother gave me the best piece of advice. Buy new. Your house will be great and what you want. Your neighbors will be your age. Neighborhoods age and unfortunately residents with them. We found a very vibrant situation in Monarch Grove with a lot of active people.
I would agree with your statement until 2017. That's the year that Pine Ridge, Pine Hills and Osceola Hills and Osceola Hills at Lake Deaton build out ended. Pine Ridge alone built 544 new homes in 2017. After 2017 your faced with living south of 44 to buy new.

I bought new in 2011 and much of what you said is true, we were mostly the same age, the homes were new, we all learned from each about contractors, landscaping choices, decorating ideas, etc. Our neighborhood has grown, however of our of 13 CYVs on my street, three have died, six have moved and changed hands, the one next door has changed hands four times. Three are snowbirds, and six have been here since the beginning like us. The neighborhoods ebb and flow.

Before living here, I've owned 8 homes in my life, eight were new, never a resale. However, if moved here now and wanted new, I would look in Pine Ridge area, unless of course Lake County higher taxes bother you, then I would definitely look below 466.
Old 05-27-2020, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,455 Times in 3,086 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I would agree with your statement until 2017. That's the year that Pine Ridge, Pine Hills and Osceola Hills and Osceola Hills at Lake Deaton build out ended. Pine Ridge alone built 544 new homes in 2017. After 2017 your faced with living south of 44 to buy new.

I bought new in 2011 and much of what you said is true, we were mostly the same age, the homes were new, we all learned from each about contractors, landscaping choices, decorating ideas, etc. Our neighborhood has grown, however of our of 13 CYVs on my street, three have died, six have moved and changed hands, the one next door has changed hands four times. Three are snowbirds, and six have been here since the beginning like us. The neighborhoods ebb and flow.

Before living here, I've owned 8 homes in my life, eight were new, never a resale. However, if moved here now and wanted new, I would look in Pine Ridge area, unless of course Lake County higher taxes bother you, then I would definitely look below 466.
Actually you're not forced to live south of 44 to buy new. There are homes in the Orange Blossom/Silver Lake areas that can (and should) be torn down and replaced. There's been one for sale for only $21,000 for a month now. You can pull the old manufactured home out and build something to your specifications, and voila - brand new home in the established, "historic" section of the Villages.

There's another property that has no home on it anymore, it was removed awhile back and stands ready for someone to build on it.

Those are just two that I know of. I haven't seen them all, and some of them aren't listed with MLS or TV Homefinder (for sale by owners don't always list).
Old 05-27-2020, 09:16 AM

Curious why the move to Collier? We are buying in the next 6 months- like both areas - just curious
Old 05-27-2020, 09:21 AM

So much negativity about the newer neighborhoods. Makes me want to buy there. If you haven’t lived it- please be kind to those considering these neighborhoods
Old 05-27-2020, 09:55 AM

If I were you and you lived here for 9yrs prior, I would check out all areas old & new. Each area as you know has its pros & cons. There is a lot going on south of 44 regardless of what the opinions are north of 44. New homes south of 44 in DeLuna will be at 10 minute golf cart ride to Brownwood Square. Bridge & cart paths under construction over the Turnpike right now. Don’t let the residents living north of 44 push you that direction like they say the sales agent push you south of 44. You already know it’s a great place to live!! πŸ™‚
Old 05-27-2020, 11:17 AM

What I suggest to everyone thinking of buying a house in The Villages---buy a house between Route 466 and Route 466-A.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, shopping, friendly, neighbors, reasons

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.