Newbie here. Age question.

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2018, 07:43 PM

We were blessed to be able to retire at a young age. I’m 58 and my life partner is 54. We love it here!!! There is always something to do!!! It doesn’t bother me at all that we are the on the younger end here. If anything seeing people much older still so active and healthy is encouraging.
Old 12-03-2018, 08:30 PM

I'm 50 and my wife is 54. We visit my parents and inlaws 6-8 X per year. Every year people in TV seem to be getting younger. A few years ago it was friendly old people. Now it's friendly young people. What's not to like? We're heading there ASAP!
Old 12-03-2018, 09:38 PM

I have often thought of the same question. Thanks for asking.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

You know for me this is a little bit of a tough question, but to answer your question directly, you'll never get bored here & like I tell other people that ask that same question, if you get bored in TV's you must be a boring person. If you have children, that's the hard thing. You get so involved with so many things here it's to hard to leave to see you children & grandchildren, at least for us it is because they all live in Ohio & Texas. All married except 1 of them & everyone of them spend the balk of their time with us & even their spouses like spending time with us. So we've come to a conclusion that they want to be closer to us so it's easier for us to go to them they have time getting off work to come here because it's so far. So if you're wondering whether to move here & you have no ties anywhere else, it's a NO BRAINER, move here as quickly as you can. I'm going to miss TV's & the super nice people here!
Old 12-04-2018, 11:43 AM
Default No need to wait

We moved here 8 years ago when I was 52 and my husband was 60. I worked full time at a corporate job until recently I quite to do my photography full time. If you can move now there is no reason to wait until you get older.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:16 PM

I moved here when I was 44. I still work full time and husband was retired. I found friends at work and on my street. I took golf lessons and we tried a few clubs until we settled in. I think you should rent for a month or two especially during the summer to see if the heat is for you. As much as I like it here (my husband passed away 8 years ago), I think if given the right time and opportunity, I would move back north but I have no regrets sticking it out. Just rent at different times to make sure it’s a good fit. Good luck!
Old 12-04-2018, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

We were only 17 when we moved here, but a nice neighbor...co-signed for us.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:15 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
We were only 17 when we moved here, but a nice neighbor...co-signed for us.
Don't forget I have a bad hip when you pull my leg

Tags
visit, wife, semi, retirement, life

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.