Number of executive courses south of 44

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2022, 02:49 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,585 Times in 932 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
And that's one of the reasons we bought a resale in Osceola Hills. Still a newer home (only 4-5 years old), but close to many, many, executive and championship courses...

Soon we will be the center of TV...
Access to golf courses was important to us too. Fortunately, they all are built and there’s a map of them (both north and south of 44, the Villages are not hiding anything). I am 5 minute golf cart ride to 27 exec holes and 54 championship holes.

Last edited by Papa_lecki; 02-04-2022 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:56 PM
Default IReply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
You actually misquote the cost of the exec courses/month. that is the amenity fee which includes the swimming pools(most all throughout TV....care of the bathrooms, golf courses amongst any repairs to rec centers, billiard tables...the list goes on...if you're going to rant(and there's nothing wrong with a good rant), but at least include all the facts.

the rant is very misleading. is it just you and your wife? do you invite guests(any group with a guest gets a tee time after all groups without a guest)? what time slots are you putting in for? even traveling 30 to 40 minutes by cart is still closer than most people who play golf elsewhere go that far by car.
Just me and the wife or maybe another resident couple. Just tried to get a tee time at lowlands on Monday and NONE are available. You have missed the point entirely. They brag about 700 holes and we have 45 close to March Bend. That's my point. They people buying down here will go to the courses closest to me before they travel 45 minutes by cart.
Old 02-04-2022, 06:10 PM

Love all these arguments. Myself and my neighbors golf as much as we want… have no problems with executive courses.
Old 02-04-2022, 06:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisbum View Post
Just me and the wife or maybe another resident couple. Just tried to get a tee time at lowlands on Monday and NONE are available. You have missed the point entirely. They brag about 700 holes and we have 45 close to March Bend. That's my point. They people buying down here will go to the courses closest to me before they travel 45 minutes by cart.
What was the window on the request?
Old 02-04-2022, 06:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisbum View Post
Just a bit of info to you new home buyers coming south of 44. They have not built any free to play executive courses near you new house since 2019. If you do not include the little pitch and puts, there are 45 holes available (Lowlands, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Longleaf and Loblolly) that are reasonably close. Since 2017 there have been over 13,000 new homes sold. If you buy in St. Catherine those above mentioned courses are the only close executive courses available. Unless you want to do the 1 hour golf cart ride to the "north" side. It may be time to remind the sales people that you really can't sell them as a golf community if you can never get a tee time close to your new home! They built a championship course down this way, but I pay $165 per month to play executive courses for "free". Done with the rant just a heads up!

Good Evening All,
My wife and I have sold our home in the panhandle and are renting a home in the Villages for the month of May. Our question is about the southern end of TV. We have heard good things and not so good things about the south end. I love tennis and play 3 times a week, USTA 3.5 - 4.0, my wife is a solid 3.5. Love the game. Also played 2 man beach volleyball back in the day and want to get back into it! We are active and are looking for that type of environment. Is the south end a good choice or not? Virus or not we have made up our minds that TV is where we want to be. Give us some honest opinions if you have time and some info!!! Thanks!!!!! Tennisbum

3/2020
No mention of golf.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:42 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 588 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Good Evening All,
My wife and I have sold our home in the panhandle and are renting a home in the Villages for the month of May. Our question is about the southern end of TV. We have heard good things and not so good things about the south end. I love tennis and play 3 times a week, USTA 3.5 - 4.0, my wife is a solid 3.5. Love the game. Also played 2 man beach volleyball back in the day and want to get back into it! We are active and are looking for that type of environment. Is the south end a good choice or not? Virus or not we have made up our minds that TV is where we want to be. Give us some honest opinions if you have time and some info!!! Thanks!!!!! Tennisbum

3/2020
No mention of golf.
From my experience, it is much easier to get on a tennis court than a pickle ball court and much easier to get on a pickle ball court than a golf course.
Old 02-05-2022, 03:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,349 Times in 2,505 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Good Evening All,

3/2020
No mention of golf.
Buyers remorse?
Old 02-05-2022, 05:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

We play red, grey and lowlands about once a week. Rarely have a problem getting a time unless my window of time if very small
Old 02-05-2022, 05:58 AM
Veteran member

We played at El Diablo and 2 folks from the new Villages I think they said St. Catherine and said they rode their golf cart over an hour to play there.
Old 02-05-2022, 06:03 AM
Veteran member

Choosing tee times 7 days in advance usually get close to what you want if you choose 1or 2 courses only luck of the draw , new Villages limited by small choices to play at.
Old 02-05-2022, 06:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
We played at El Diablo and 2 folks from the new Villages I think they said St. Catherine and said they rode their golf cart over an hour to play there.
It’s 30 minutes from Duval to St Catherine and less than 20 to El Diablo, so that’s about right. Depends on cart traffic, and how many times you stop to help out the lost person stopped off on the grass
Old 02-05-2022, 06:51 AM

And even for those willing to pay to play Champioship courses, they have built only 1 since I have been here yet the population has increased by 40,000 people. That doesn't seem right either.
Old 02-05-2022, 07:01 AM

We live in Bradford south of 44. I would buy here again. There are pros and cons to every area. Pros to south of 44 are that we have wonderful, extensive, scenic multimodal trails for walking and biking everywhere. There are lots of gorgeous, brand new rec centers with courts for Pickleball, tennis, etc. homes are new, and often less expensive than pre owned homes. There will be a new type of entertainment and shopping/dining experience very soon at Sawgrass Grove. There are cute and unique places to go and see, such as Edna’s, Fenny Grill, Hogeye path, etc.. finally, when you move into a new area the folks are all in the same boat and it is super easy to make friends! Cons are that it is a longer drive to some executive courses, we are not as close to the existing town squares, and there is not great shopping down this way. So it is a trade off. I chose this area because I knew I wanted walking trails, and I use them every day. I don’t mind long golf cart rides to executive courses, and I know the new bridge and development south of here will bring even more access. I wanted a new home. But there are fantastic homes and amenities everywhere. Have fun looking!
Old 02-05-2022, 07:20 AM

The original message if WAY off. I live in Silver Lake and it takes ME an hour to get over Rte 44 to “the other side “. You are so wrong. You have
Palmetto - Sandhill - Turtle Mound - Volusia - ….those are ALL south of 466 a. You ride can’t be more than 30 min or so to most of them. Easy answer as my idol Judge Judy says….if you don’t like where you are…MOVE!!!! OR maybe ask The Villages if they can build you your own private course. When you bought the house, you had to know what was being done. Again MOVE!
Old 02-05-2022, 07:29 AM
Bella6368

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
If you watch GoldWingNut's videos, you'd see that more executive courses are coming...

I know it doesn't help "now", but it will down the road...

And that's one of the reasons we bought a resale in Osceola Hills. Still a newer home (only 4-5 years old), but close to many, many, executive and championship courses...

Soon we will be the center of TV...
I've been told the St. Catherine's are where Sawgrass Grove is, will be the new center of The Villages, not Osceola Hills. I guess looking at a revised map might help clarify this.
Closed Thread

Tags
courses, executive, close, golf, play

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.