Number of executive courses south of 44

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2022, 10:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Not really - one of the best golf course in the country, has an amazing food and beverage offering - Merion GOLF Club

Another pretty good course, with food and beverage, is Pine Valley GOLF Club.

And I’ve heard Augusta National GOLF Club is a pretty nice place.
Yeah, but all they serve is pimento cheese sammiches...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-05-2022, 11:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,064 Times in 2,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Someone here looked at the history and found the rooftops per hole of golf has remained relatively constant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie0723 View Post
Really?

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...90-post51.html

Here are the 4 areas with updated site counts,

N of 466 has 1690 homesites per exec course (21,975 homesites,13 courses),

S of 466 1440 (23054 sites, 16 courses), S of 466A 2014(14103 sites, 7 courses) and

S of 44 1976 (11858 sites, 6 courses).

Reminder that In S of 44, District 13 has 5658 homesites that are not near fully built so that number is inclusive of all the open areas coming this year.

Plus these:

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...97-post52.html
Really, rooftops per hole of golf have steadily declined since Belle Glade was completed several years ago. If you don’t believe that, look up the statistics, the numbers don’t lie.

The rooftops per hole of golf was your statement! If you stated executive golf holes per rooftops, counting holes of miniature golf, has not declined at nearly the rate of championship golf, that would be more in the ballpark of reality.

Nobody seems to be bashing the new Southern areas of the Villages, just stating facts about the new business model. It’s different and has an emphasis on things other than golf. Neither good or bad, just different. To each his or her own preference. Golf on : )
Old 02-06-2022, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston-Sean View Post
This looks like a commitment to golf to me.
I wish that map showed 5 Executive (not 3) and 3 Championship (not 5) for future development. Can anyone guesstimate if that future development will take 4 years or 8 years to complete?
Old 02-06-2022, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckylou152 View Post
We live in Bradford south of 44. I would buy here again. There are pros and cons to every area. Pros to south of 44 are that we have wonderful, extensive, scenic multimodal trails for walking and biking everywhere. There are lots of gorgeous, brand new rec centers with courts for Pickleball, tennis, etc. homes are new, and often less expensive than pre owned homes. There will be a new type of entertainment and shopping/dining experience very soon at Sawgrass Grove. There are cute and unique places to go and see, such as Edna’s, Fenny Grill, Hogeye path, etc.. finally, when you move into a new area the folks are all in the same boat and it is super easy to make friends! Cons are that it is a longer drive to some executive courses, we are not as close to the existing town squares, and there is not great shopping down this way. So it is a trade off. I chose this area because I knew I wanted walking trails, and I use them every day. I don’t mind long golf cart rides to executive courses, and I know the new bridge and development south of here will bring even more access. I wanted a new home. But there are fantastic homes and amenities everywhere. Have fun looking!
Just bought a new house south of 44 primarily for these same reasons. My husband and I love to golf and had concerns about the lack of exec courses. As noted there are more planned courses but we decided that in the meantime we’ll just enjoy the golf cart ride (we have the time after all!). 😊
Old 02-07-2022, 07:27 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,346 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisbum View Post
Just a bit of info to you new home buyers coming south of 44. They have not built any free to play executive courses near you new house since 2019. If you do not include the little pitch and puts, there are 45 holes available (Lowlands, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Longleaf and Loblolly) that are reasonably close. Since 2017 there have been over 13,000 new homes sold.
This means anyone who has frontage on these four courses will do quite well when they sell. I think that's fantastic!
Old 02-07-2022, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston-Sean View Post
This looks like a commitment to golf to me.
There you go…. confusing slanted opinions and gossip with facts
Old 02-08-2022, 08:34 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
To me 30 minutes in a golf cart is TOO long. TV is/was a golfing community and they are not but building enough golf courses for the newer residents.
I don't agree. Golf is only one of many activities available to us. TV is not a "golf community".
Closed Thread

Tags
courses, executive, close, golf, play

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.