Officially becoming Villagers

Closed Thread
Old 09-29-2014, 02:01 PM
Location: Born and raised NYC raised the family on Long island, Now living the life
Default Officially becoming Villagers

If all goes well, we will be coming down for closing on Oct 6. Won't be full time for at least another 2 years, but we are excited about becoming villagers. In our last trips, already met some wonderful people. Will be making any excuse we can now to make a trip south in the next couple of years. Being a New York boy, one question though, any decent delis? LOL
Dennis and Rose
Old 09-29-2014, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

You may have deli denial but I offer you as sort of a joyful trade, Oakwood Barbecue, just real close to The Villages. I doubt you will find anything so good in New York.

Welcome home.
Old 09-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Sage

Congrats and good luck ... the best is yet to come!
Old 09-29-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis and Rose View Post
If all goes well, we will be coming down for closing on Oct 6. Won't be full time for at least another 2 years, but we are excited about becoming villagers. In our last trips, already met some wonderful people. Will be making any excuse we can now to make a trip south in the next couple of years. Being a New York boy, one question though, any decent delis? LOL

Dennis and Rose

Dennis I am a NY girl & Toojays would be my suggestion. Good luck to you.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:25 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Dennis and Rose
Hello and welcome fellow Long Islanders. I just wanted to let you knowe are 2 Long Island clubs waiting for you. I'll hopefully see you there
Old 09-30-2014, 08:00 PM

Congradulation from Alan & Judy. Just ate at TooJay's good stuff
Old 10-01-2014, 02:40 AM
Sage

Dennis and Rose, Congratulations on your becoming snowflakes. If you want to try a good bagel, I recommend Brooklyn Water Bagels on 441 in the same strip mall as Best Buy. It's almost directly behind Sweet Tomatoes (another good restaurant to try if you like buffet style restaurants). The bagels are to die for. Wish Brooklyn Water Bagels would open in the Chicago area.

Too Jays is also very good. I have had several good meals at Too Jays on my visits to TV.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Dennis and Rose
Congrats. Best wishes as you start living the dream.

Being for NY myself, you will have to accept the fact that food in TV generally is of a lesser quality than in NY. There are many chain restaurants. Fortunately for me, I have never been a picky eater.

I don't go to deli's per say, but Toojay's makes a mean deli sandwich.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.