From the Village of Pinehurst to The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2011, 07:04 AM
Default From the Village of Pinehurst to The Villages

We are counting down to June 22 -- that's when we move out of Pinehurst and start our move to The Villages. We have bought in Tamarind Grove on Montbrook Place and will close on June 27, moving in on the 28th. Our home here is rapidly looking like a warehouse, with boxes everywhere. We've already bought a golf cart, arranged for an electrician and have regularly read the forums for hints, directions and names of people for service. We can't wait to get there, to settle in, to meet new people and begin playing golf. We've noticed several recent posts from people who have bought in the same area and are looking forward to a whole new set of neighbors.

A question: we've seen reference to "whole-house surge protection". Can someone tell us more about this? What it is, what it costs, who installs etc. We already have Lenhart Electric scheduled to do some work for us - is that a good place to ask these questions?
Old 04-23-2011, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billjay23 View Post
We are counting down to June 22 -- that's when we move out of Pinehurst and start our move to The Villages. We have bought in Tamarind Grove on Montbrook Place and will close on June 27, moving in on the 28th. Our home here is rapidly looking like a warehouse, with boxes everywhere. We've already bought a golf cart, arranged for an electrician and have regularly read the forums for hints, directions and names of people for service. We can't wait to get there, to settle in, to meet new people and begin playing golf. We've noticed several recent posts from people who have bought in the same area and are looking forward to a whole new set of neighbors.

A question: we've seen reference to "whole-house surge protection". Can someone tell us more about this? What it is, what it costs, who installs etc. We already have Lenhart Electric scheduled to do some work for us - is that a good place to ask these questions?
The electric company who delivers power for Sumter County is SECO, they installed ours on the incoming meter outside the house, they also give you local surge protectors for inside your house. The cost was approx. 300.00 with no cost per month. You can also lease the unit with an installation charge and a monthly fee which I think was 50.00 to install and 5.00 per month but I could be wrong.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:02 AM
Sage

billjay23... hi, neighbor! We will be building "around the corner" at the east end of Ansley Path. We'll see you in October
Old 04-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Location: Endwell (NY), Cherry Hill (NJ), Naperville (IL), Philadelphia (PA), Tamarind Grove

You've brought up a good question - I'm not sure what a whole house surge protector is and why we need it. Can someone help?
Old 04-23-2011, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor111947 View Post
You've brought up a good question - I'm not sure what a whole house surge protector is and why we need it. Can someone help?
it helps prevent electrical surges which can destroy your electronics such as Tv's and computers. Cheap insurnance in my mind but who knows if it ever did its job.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:10 PM
Gold member
Default Contact Them

Welcome neighbor!

Contact them,

Professional quick answers. I have had them start a wish list file for me when I hit Tamarind Grove,

Under Cabinet Lighting
Whole house Surge protection
Wire the home for a remote generator
Attice Fans![

QUOTE=billjay23;348915]We are counting down to June 22 -- that's when we move out of Pinehurst and start our move to The Villages. We have bought in Tamarind Grove on Montbrook Place and will close on June 27, moving in on the 28th. Our home here is rapidly looking like a warehouse, with boxes everywhere. We've already bought a golf cart, arranged for an electrician and have regularly read the forums for hints, directions and names of people for service. We can't wait to get there, to settle in, to meet new people and begin playing golf. We've noticed several recent posts from people who have bought in the same area and are looking forward to a whole new set of neighbors.

A question: we've seen reference to "whole-house surge protection". Can someone tell us more about this? What it is, what it costs, who installs etc. We already have Lenhart Electric scheduled to do some work for us - is that a good place to ask these questions?[/QUOTE]
Old 09-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Veteran member
Default Village of Pinehurst

Billjay23. Since there is no Village of Pinehurst here in TV, I am assuming you moved from North Carolina. The reason I am curious is that before we discovered TV, we had bought a plot of land near Course 6 in Pinehurst. We were originally planning to retire there but after we discovered TV, we went to visit Pinehurst in winter and realized that the Village was practically deserted and the Club house empty. Is the place as I describe always in winter? Spring and fall I enjoyed very much. If so, I did make the right decision.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.