Open pool tables

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2017, 03:44 PM
Default Open pool tables

Renting for two months, looking for a place to go and just shoot a friendly game of pool. I know there are a lot of leagues, are there any rec centers that have open pool tables where a guest can go and just shoot? Did not bring my stick, do they have them there to use?

Thanks
Old 09-22-2017, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick46 View Post
Renting for two months, looking for a place to go and just shoot a friendly game of pool. I know there are a lot of leagues, are there any rec centers that have open pool tables where a guest can go and just shoot? Did not bring my stick, do they have them there to use?

Thanks
Rec. news insert in Thursday paper every week and inside the doorway area of rec. centers.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,878 Times in 2,424 Posts

All tables are open unless as suggested above. Leagues or scheduled events will be listed in the rec guide giving the times they start. (Usually lasts for two hours)' but some tournaments last longer. Also your local rec will have schedule printed in the pool room on the bulletin board of any scheduled time activity.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:35 PM
Veteran member
Default Pool Table

[QUOTE=Maverick46;1451497]Renting for two months, looking for a place to go and just shoot a friendly game of pool. I know there are a lot of leagues, are there any rec centers that have open pool tables where a guest can go and just shoot? Did not bring my stick, do they have them there to use?

Hi, yes, just look at the Recreation News in the Sun Paper.
It tells you when the tales are occupied, lots of openings, you do need a Rec Card. Plenty of Pool cues there, nice stuff for sure. Monday eve, the Canal st. center has an open laid back tournament.
bbbbbb
Old 09-22-2017, 04:39 PM
Location: Newburyport, Ma, So Berwick, ME, Stratham, NH , Village of Buttonwood

Tables at Fish Hawk and Sterling Heights are rec centers that never have,league plAy so basically always open tables. There are cues provided.
Old 09-22-2017, 06:58 PM

Thanks guys. Duh, all I had to do was pick up a copy of the Recreation & Parks paper. Almost every Village rec center has pool tables, of the regional rec centers, only La Hacienda has tables. All league schedules are listed in the paper, I'm good. We're up North, Chatham is the closest to me, I'll check it out. With 6 tables, shouldn't be much of a wait to play.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,878 Times in 2,424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick46 View Post
Thanks guys. Duh, all I had to do was pick up a copy of the Recreation & Parks paper. Almost every Village rec center has pool tables, of the regional rec centers, only La Hacienda has tables. All league schedules are listed in the paper, I'm good. We're up North, Chatham is the closest to me, I'll check it out. With 6 tables, shouldn't be much of a wait to play.
Yes, Chatham open majority of the time, also have the good diamond lighting Not the light bulb hanging over the pool tables like some of the rec centers which creates shadows and headaches.
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, shoot, tables, open, guest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.