Opinions re Pine Hills and Pine Ridge areas

Closed Thread
Old 07-23-2016, 12:30 PM
Default Opinions re Pine Hills and Pine Ridge areas

We are returning to TV in three weeks to purchase a home. We were last there in May of last year and were immediately convinced that TV was the best of all worlds for us. So, for the last 14 months we have packed, planned, sold our house in California and are ready to buy in TV.

In considering all available options to purchase we have looked at new homes on the TV website in both the Pine Hills and Pine Ridge areas. My concerns regarding this area are the marginally higher tax rate and the fact that 3/4 of this area is surrounded by land not under the ownership/control of the developer.

What are your opinions as to what may be built in the areas surrounding Pine Hills/Ridge? Would you exclude this area from consideration? I have seen posts from some of you that live in this area and you seem quite pleased with it. Any thoughts any of you may have would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

When you get here, you can see that is a very large area, with many choices and if you are concerned about what might surround you, pick somewhere away from the perimeter. I think this house is lovely. (I don't, nor have I ever been in real estate) Just a house hunter fan.

The Villages - Search for New, Pre-owned Homes and Villas in The Villages, Florida
Old 07-23-2016, 01:25 PM
Sage

And this one is lovely too.The Villages - Search for New, Pre-owned Homes and Villas in The Villages, Florida

Don't be worried. There are all kinds of choices here and there will be many, many, many, to look at. You may like a newer home rather than a new one.

I am not in real estate. I love to look at houses.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:06 PM
Gold member

Do a search on TOTV and you will get a earful of comments...good and BAD on this subject.

Taxes higher, Dump smells ect.....

Speaking as a Realtor/Investor......make sure you know what you are investing in, and what else is or will/may become available in the near future.

The choices are endless....Enjoy the search...
Old 07-23-2016, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

It's the taxes that would deter us from buying in that area. And of course a house backing up to open property is also subject to you have no idea what's going to be in your backyard.

I would rather pay less taxes could and use the money saved for our pocket
Old 07-23-2016, 03:27 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

I have observed houses in pine/Hills in Lake County are selling a bit cheaper to help offset the slightly higher taxes. The taxes are deductible on your federal taxes too. Property to the east is owned by first Baptist Leesburg. North is across 466A. Neither would be a concern to me. Construction site landfill no concern. It is not raw garbage and EPA you can bet will monitor this site. There are $500,000 plus homes much closer than you to the construction landfill.

I like the location, close to golf (both championship and executive) close to Colony plaza, doctors, regional recreation and family pools and adult pools. That is a lot of pluses. Not to mention Morse Blvd will have an exit to the Florida Turnpike and transportation to Orlando and all it has to offer will be easily assessable. BTY, I am not a Realtor but have purchased five properties in The Village and currently own a designer home in the Village of LaBelle. Good house hunting to you.
Old 07-23-2016, 03:45 PM

I suggest you rent a golf cart and drive it to Colony Plaze. You will be making many trips there. Gas,drugs,groceries,cleaners. etc. The closer, the better. Go to different areas and time how long it takes. Right now you would have to go back around the Sarasota practice area.to get to the tunnel under 466A. My guess is you would get tired doubling back.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

High high taxes (I despise taxes), Colony is crowded even in July, Easy shortcut to Fruitland Park via Moyer loop to 466A, High tension power lines, Great dog park, Disguised dump always in view always reminding it is a dump, New always nice, Big big area with insufficient amount of neighborhood pools, New Publix on 44, Mixed neighborhoods meaning Designers intermingled with Cottage style, Too many Cottage, Ranch style and new Patio Villas in Osceola ripe for year round rentals, Retention ponds not very pretty, Already gaining a negative reputation because of the high taxes and the dump, New always nice...but not here, not for us.

Last edited by RickeyD; 07-23-2016 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
High high taxes (I despise taxes), Colony is crowded even in July, Easy shortcut to Fruitland Park via Moyer loop to 466A, High tension power lines, Great dog park, Disguised dump always in view always reminding it is a dump, New always nice, Big big area with insufficient amount of neighborhood pools, New Publix on 44, Mixed neighborhoods meaning Designers intermingled with Cottage style, Too many Cottage, Ranch style and new Patio Villas in Osceola ripe for year round rentals, Retention ponds not very pretty, Already gaining a negative reputation because of the high taxes and the dump, New always nice...but not here, not for us.

I disagree with a lot of your post and I live here year 'round. JustJim owns there. KStew43 is a realtor and lives down the road a piece. Please OP come here and make your own judgment. It is beautiful and nice just like all of our homes and villages. Some posts make it sound slummy. I can't imagine how people must feel who live there reading this. I wouldn't like to have my home described in such a way. Designers and Cottages and Ranches and Villa's are always intermingled and sometimes Premiers too. Retention ponds aren't pretty????

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-23-2016 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 07:42 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

To me, the biggest issue is no golf cart convenient shopping. That alone would deter me purchasing in that area.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 07-23-2016, 09:41 PM

We live in Pine Ridge.....that said, it's no more than a 15 minute golf cart ride to Colony, 25 minutes to Sumter, and 20 to Brownwood. the new Walmart neighborhood market will be about 10 minutes away with the new road making colony about 12 minutes away. We're for the most part retired......what's the big hurry. Enjoy the scenery.

My parents live near the Savannah center. We take the golf cart and are there in 35 minutes. It gives my wife and I time to to look around and catch up on things together.

The area has a lot to offer. 4 new executive courses, the driving range, Bonifay and Belle glade are 10 minutes away, and the Rohan Regional Rec Center is 15 minutes by golf cart.

When my dad moved here 18 years ago his home was considered to be far from everything.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stings View Post
We are returning to TV in three weeks to purchase a home. We were last there in May of last year and were immediately convinced that TV was the best of all worlds for us. So, for the last 14 months we have packed, planned, sold our house in California and are ready to buy in TV.

In considering all available options to purchase we have looked at new homes on the TV website in both the Pine Hills and Pine Ridge areas. My concerns regarding this area are the marginally higher tax rate and the fact that 3/4 of this area is surrounded by land not under the ownership/control of the developer.

What are your opinions as to what may be built in the areas surrounding Pine Hills/Ridge? Would you exclude this area from consideration? I have seen posts from some of you that live in this area and you seem quite pleased with it. Any thoughts any of you may have would be appreciated. Thank you.
Hi, it is as the realtors say, location, location, do you want to drive to everything or be able to walk or take the golf cart, so think on that. Do you want a small garage or a large one, do you want yard work or no yard work, so get a tablet, write down what you want.
Pretend you are walking into a new development and there are many choices, make those choices and this may help. Good luck to you.. There are some good realtors, Remax and Grizzard, there is the village Lifestyle program you get a villa and maybe a golf cart for a week, there is by owner, a very good way to go if you take your time and be careful, no impulse buying. Sleep on any deal before you put down a dime???????????????? bbbbbb
Old 07-25-2016, 08:00 AM

Pine Hills is in Lake County so your taxes will be higher. However, in Lake County you don't pay a bond, so in the long run it will probably even out. If you buy in Pine Hills and want a golf cart you should purchase a gas cart. Currently, there is little close by and if you want to go from Pine Hills to just about anywhere in TV, an electric cart will run out of the charge quickly. If you want to be in the center of TV, you should look at pre-owned in Mallory Square, Amelia, Caroline, Sable Chase, or Virginia Chase.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:19 AM
Sage
Default OP, Keep an open mind.

SOME of the negative remarks could be by anonymous people whose advantage it is to belittle or demean any areas here where only NEW homes are sold

Such as MLS realtors...they can ONLY sell used homes.

AND owners of not as successful developments.

AND some villagers who don't want any more growth.

SOME. Just sayin'. SOME, not all.

This is the fastest growing area in the United States. It is causing some folks to have headaches.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stings View Post

You should visit here in February when the population doubles and see if you like not being able to enjoy the wonderful amenities the Villages offers because its so crowded. This would be what you really should consider.
Closed Thread

Tags
pine, area, areas, opinions, purchase

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.