Just bought a lot in St. James

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2010, 03:24 PM
Default Just bought a lot in St. James

We just purchased a lot in St. James on Capstan Court. Currently we plan to build an Iris model on this lot. Also, plan to stretch home in the following areas - lanai 4 ft., front bedroom 2ft., garage 2ft. and maybe the garage width 4 ft wider. I'm looking for any comments or suggestions as we work our way through the selection process. Also any opinions on having granite done through the villages or install later from an outside vendor (home depot or lowes).

Thanks in advance for some help.

David
Old 10-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If you can't have a golf cart garage I would stretch the garage as much as possible, makes it so much easier to manuver in the garage....gn
Old 10-20-2010, 04:04 PM

Hi David,
We put a deposit on Lot 95(Yankee clipper Run) in St. James a couple weeks ago. We will be building a Gardenia with a side golf cart garage in Oct. 2011. Congratulations on your purchase. We will be choosing our interior and exterior features next April. The back of our home will face the back of the homes on Capstan Court.
Bill
Old 10-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
If you can't have a golf cart garage I would stretch the garage as much as possible, makes it so much easier to manuver in the garage....gn
I agree wholeheartedly with golfnut. Though we're not homeowners in TV (yet!), it seems like a peeve for many is shortage of garage/storage space. We've gotten so used to the garage space we have in OH that I don't know that we'll ever be content with whatever we wind up with in TV. Anything you can do to grow the garage is nothing but a good thing IMHO. And consider having them put in the attic storage space over the garage as well.

And enjoy your new home!!! We're jealous!

Bill
Old 10-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbales View Post
We just purchased a lot in St. James on Capstan Court. Currently we plan to build an Iris model on this lot. Also, plan to stretch home in the following areas - lanai 4 ft., front bedroom 2ft., garage 2ft. and maybe the garage width 4 ft wider. I'm looking for any comments or suggestions as we work our way through the selection process. Also any opinions on having granite done through the villages or install later from an outside vendor (home depot or lowes).

Thanks in advance for some help.

David
Quote:
Originally Posted by billnterri View Post
Hi David,
We put a deposit on Lot 95(Yankee clipper Run) in St. James a couple weeks ago. We will be building a Gardenia with a side golf cart garage in Oct. 2011. Congratulations on your purchase. We will be choosing our interior and exterior features next April. The back of our home will face the back of the homes on Capstan Court.
Bill
Welcome to TV and TOTV, and congratulations on your new homes! St. James will be a beautiful community.

I agree with GN; you can't have too much garage space.

Best wishes. Hope to meet y'all one of these days.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome to you. You have made the right choice. The best is yet to come.
Congratulations and sincere wishes for at least a thousand years of happy livin' here in Paradise!
Old 10-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Welcome

I recently moved into an Iris in Buttonwood. Next door neighbors!!! We did not extend the garage or the front bedroom and I wish we had. We did extend the lanai 4 feet and are thrilled with that decision. We don't have any trouble fitting two cars and a cart into the garage but an extra 2-4 ft extension would be nice. We also have neighbors who had the Villages pour a 12 by 12 foot patio. The only reason TV would do it is because they still owned another spec home which had the patio. It is really nice. I was adamant that we get granite in the kitchen. I love it and would do it again. We also got the wine rack and are glad we did. The neighbors chose a stucco home and had a border put all around every window. This looks very sharp. I don't know if you said when you would be choosing colors etc but you might want to PM me and come over and see the extras in person.
You will probably never look back when you get here. My husband didn't but I still miss family, friends and coworkers quite a bit.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbales View Post
Also any opinions on having granite done through the villages or install later from an outside vendor (home depot or lowes).
Not a direct response to this part of your post, but here's something to perhaps consider re: granite countertops - - -

We looked at granite and absolutely loved the look of it. Nothing beats the natural look it presents. The one thing we got hung up on was the need for ongoing maintenance of the surface - it needs to be sealed periodically. So we considered quartz countertops and ended up going with that. Not quite the natural look of granite as the quartz product is man-made with natural quartz minerals and resin (basically). But it doesn't require the maintenance/sealing as the surface is non-porous! That was a big plus in our minds. Heat, stain, and bacteria resistant as well. It's produced and marketed under several different brand names: Silestone, Zodiaq, CaesarStone, and HanStone are probably the most popular.

Just a thought.....

Bill
Old 10-20-2010, 11:40 PM

Just an FYI---we had to have our home in VA treated for radon, and were told that granite held radon. Never looked it up because we actually like the quartz better. But it is something to check on. Also, our home stager told us that granite was "on the way out". But so many people have it, I can't believe that, and it always looks good.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:39 AM

We purchased a lot on Allure Loop in Buttonwood in September; and plan to build in the near future.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by murfice1 View Post
We purchased a lot on Allure Loop in Buttonwood in September; and plan to build in the near future.
Welcome to you murfice 1! Glad to see another early riser posting on this forum. Have you been reading us quietly for awhile?

Glad you are joining us in The Villages.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:08 AM

Yes; this site is quite informative and helpful.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:42 AM
Sage

murfice1;

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to TOTV.

Best wishes for the future.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Smile Allure Loop in Buttonwood neighbors

Signed the papers on a lot on Allure Loop in Buttonwood this morning. So the kids won't get an inheritance-Ha! They'll have a great place to visit until they get the whole house, right?
Old 11-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket1 View Post
Signed the papers on a lot on Allure Loop in Buttonwood this morning. So the kids won't get an inheritance-Ha! They'll have a great place to visit until they get the whole house, right?
Cricket,
Congratulations and . Your avatar is adorable, by the way. All best wishes!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.