outside realtor suggestions

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2011, 02:58 PM
Default outside realtor suggestions

We will be doing a lifestyle preview in a couple weeks. We plan to spend several days looking at homes. Any suggestions of outside realtors would be appreciated. TIA
Old 01-31-2011, 03:18 PM
Veteran member

I used both a Villages Realtor and an outside realtor. I used ERA/Tom Grizzard agency at 352-504-4741. Their office is just outside The Villages on Hwy 441. My agent with them was Mike Herman. He was very capable and showed us the types of houses we wanted to see - and we ended up buying a re-sale home that he had showed us. It is a Lantana model and has a wonderful golf course view.

I personally believe that a re-sale home is the way to go. You can negotiate price with the seller, the bond is lower than a new home, there is no construction going on while the neighborhood is being built, mature landscaping are all good features.

Most of the Villages Realtors will be urging buyers to buy a brand-new home in one of the newer neighborhoods so they can close them out. Some are urging buyers to buy vacant lots in sections no one lives in yet. These are all at the far south end and realtors will be talking about the Brownwood town center which is not even being built yet.

I live "north of 466" which I love (Glenbrook). It is a 15 minute golf cart ride to Spanish Springs or to Lake Sumter Landing. Check out this area while you are here. Private Message me if you want more specific info.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:29 PM
Gold member

Lyle Grant. Check out his web site.

http://www.lylesellsfla.com/
Old 01-31-2011, 03:39 PM

Dave Laspesa Great Guy! We worked with him when buying our home last year.
Feel free to contact me.

dlaspesa@gmail.com

352-552-5263
Old 01-31-2011, 04:19 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman911 View Post
Lyle Grant. Check out his web site.

http://www.lylesellsfla.com/
Old 02-04-2011, 04:41 PM

I totally agree with using a outside realtor. I used Tom Batts from Gizzard , and did much better than the salespeople at the Villages who didn't even want me to come down a few months early to buy a preowned home, said nobody would deal with me that far out. Talked to Tom, he had me come down when I wanted, and found a place in one day that the sellers were glad to work with me on a future closing a few months out.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:52 PM
Veteran member

Mike Jenkins at Caldwell Banker All Village Realty. Mike is a great guy who has been in the RE business a long time, knows the area and will work hard for you. He is a real man of integrity.

Frank
Old 02-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

When we bought our cyv we tried using the villages agent and he would not listen to what we wanted. He was pushing new homes in the South end while we wanted closer to Spanish springs. We then went with an outside realtor who listened to us and showed us the home we purchased. Had the villages listened, they might have had a sale. We now have our home listed with Re...Pr...... Homes, and it is listed in the mls listings (# G4669080)which can be viewed on line by anyone.
Anyone not buying a new home should check with an outside agent as well as a villages agent to be able to see the outstanding pre-owned homes that are available.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:26 PM

What is special about the Glenbrook area? flamingo
Old 02-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatandBob View Post
We will be doing a lifestyle preview in a couple weeks. We plan to spend several days looking at homes. Any suggestions of outside realtors would be appreciated. TIA
Hi Pat and Bob,

Welcome to TOTV and to TV!! You are smart to get an outside Realtor in addition to your TV sales agent if you are looking at resales. We used Linda Sears at Morris Realty and were very pleased. Be sure to get a written "buyer's agent" agreement with your MLS Realtor so that the agent represents you exclusively in the transaction.

Have a great time in TV and all best wishes in finding your dream home! Please keep us posted on your progress. We're excited for you.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:42 PM

Dianne Barnet of all villages realty. she showed us 8 houses last week. After that we looked at the villages preowned homes. She was a very very nice lady and not pushy at all.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:05 AM

Jan Ennis of Prestige Properties is the most professional realtor we have ever worked with.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:27 AM

Thank you so much for all the helpful replies.

We are getting excited - will be there February 19 for a week and really hope to settled on a home (or land if we decide to build).

We're from upstate New York and can't wait until snow, ice, and being housebound due to the weather is a thing of the past!

Besides house hunting, any other suggestions of activities while we're there?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.