Paint Color Choices at Design Meeting?

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Location: Elmont (LI) NY, Cornwall, NY, Fernandina The Villages
Default Paint Color Choices at Design Meeting?

Have upcoming Design Team Meeting and wondering what, if any, choices are available in paint colors.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie53 View Post
Have upcoming Design Team Meeting and wondering what, if any, choices are available in paint colors.
You only have certain choices approved by Design. Best way to handle it is prior to your design meeting ride around and look at various houses for a paint that you like. The model homes are good examples---we picked one of the model home combination colors and showed our designer so a "mistake" was less likely to occur. Good luck and shopping.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
You only have certain choices approved by Design. Best way to handle it is prior to your design meeting ride around and look at various houses for a paint that you like. The model homes are good examples---we picked one of the model home combination colors and showed our designer so a "mistake" was less likely to occur. Good luck and shopping.

I'm assuming that you are referring to exterior colors - what about interior colors ??

Anne
Old 08-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Location: Elmont (LI) NY, Cornwall, NY, Fernandina The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabuono View Post
I'm assuming that you are referring to exterior colors - what about interior colors ??

Anne
I was refering to interior colors
Old 08-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Sage

Are the colors a no cost choice or extra cost
Old 08-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Location: Brockton-Halifax-Marshfield, MA, Jacksonville, FL, Arlington, TX, Village of Fernandina

We finished our design meeting last week. The standard choice for interior paint for our Lilac Designer was the whole house white, or the whole house a light tan color. Anything else was an additional cost. We went the whole house the light tan color. I always had white ceilings, but when we looked at it, I liked the light tan ceilings. We'll do the wall and trim painting later when we move in.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:05 PM

The colors as stated for a designer home are all white, all tan (hayseed), or hayseed with white trim. The two color choice adds a bit over $1000 to the cost as I recall. I am not sure why so much. They will tell you it is because they have to paint each separately. Yes they do the ceiling/walls, but they have to do all the trim and doors separately anyway. They use an oil base gloss on the doors and trim and flat on the walls.
Personally I think the two color choice looks very nice. Go through the models with your design person and they will show you the three choices. You can even go through many of the daily models to get an idea in the various types of homes. Ultimately it is an individual's style and taste.
Just a thought though. If you plan to paint later, and want to go with one color, perhaps the all white would make it easier up front since the ceilings would be white than. That is of course if you don't want tan ceilings with other paint colors
Old 08-06-2012, 06:10 PM

We went with all white as I really don't like to paint trim. Painting the walls - not so bad. We thought an extra $1000 for the two paint colors was a little too much. So we will start with a blank canvas and go from there. Remember, your property taxes will be based on the cost of the home and all your "extras".
Old 08-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SukiChu View Post
We went with all white as I really don't like to paint trim. Painting the walls - not so bad. We thought an extra $1000 for the two paint colors was a little too much. So we will start with a blank canvas and go from there. Remember, your property taxes will be based on the cost of the home and all your "extras".
so true
Old 08-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Sage

Funny the cost of paint is the same color wise,

Granted they need to cut in a bit, but not worth the money, I'll take one color.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,308 Times in 542 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabuono View Post

Anne
Good question. We were told by several people to go with the "standard" interior colors that are offered and repaint yourself or hire a painter to save a lot of $$$$$. At the point of choosing paint, we (like many) had already gone over our original budget, You can always repaint but adding an extra two or four feet to front/back/sides of house is not a reasonable choice after your home is built.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Sage

Most of the homes having cathedral ceilings which being hard to paint and walls easy.

I would pick the color based on the ceiling not the walls.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.