Parasitic leak - Automobile

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2022, 11:56 AM
Default Parasitic leak - Automobile

Thank you for your help.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobctj View Post
My 2018 Lexus E350 was diagnosed by my mechanic as having a 1/10 th amp draw due to a parasitic leak. He pulled the fuses and relays one at a time so "they are not the problem." His opinion is that the problem is in one of the computers and recommended that I take it to the Lexus dealer.

When the car was under warranty 2 years ago, the Lexus dealer diagnosed the parasitic leak and was to have repaired it. As it has occurred again I would prefer to go to a mechanic that has the necessary equipment and experience to resolve this parasitic leak.

So I am looking for recommendations for an auto repair service to fix my problem.

The battery was dead but the car started after being charged at my home prior to taking it to my mechanic.
Was the 1/10 th amp draw determined at the battery? If it was and you pulled all fuses and relays the draw will drop down. The ECM is fused.
Old 01-19-2022, 03:22 PM

The tech needs to test the load across each fuse and compare to factory spec. That should point to the problem.

After that, correcting the problem could be simple as a light switch, or involve expensive part (like radio or navigation system) replacement
Closed Thread

Tags
parasitic, leak, problem, lexus, mechanic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.