People from Ca. Living in TV

Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2014, 08:47 AM

We moved from Southern California about a year ago (Calabasas) I love it here for all of the reasons that have already been listed. And YES, we miss the fruit and veggies too! But, there are so many good things that out weigh the negatives. We were back to visit last December and once we got on the 101, I was so glad we decided to make the move.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:56 PM

Hi Michele,

We went to see my mom last week and I forget how bad the traffic is there. We are in a small town and only have one main grocery store so sometimes fruits and vegetables can be limited. We grow our own squash and tomatoes but our growing season is short because of the heat. We will be in TV on May 7 and we are so excited to be coming and to see if TV lifestyle is what we are looking for. I know we will have a problem with houses being so close and no fences in the backyard. The Colorado River is our backyard and our neighbors don't live here so we have lots of privacy except on the holiday weekends. They can be crazy living on the river. It's good to here from people who have made the move and are loving their new life without Ca.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:52 PM

Two more days until our visit to TV. I hope we run into some Ca. people. Too bad I can't bring fruits and veggies for all the people from Ca. I am thinking this year might not be too good with the drought we are in right now.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:50 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by uprivergirl View Post
Two more days until our visit to TV. I hope we run into some Ca. people. Too bad I can't bring fruits and veggies for all the people from Ca. I am thinking this year might not be too good with the drought we are in right now.
Just bring Gallo salame. lol Oddly, that's what I truly miss (did manage to find some good sourdough bread here even if pricey).

Shout out when you have some free time and I'm sure we can get some sort of California get together going (if Kathie hasn't already planned one).

Have fun house hunting!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-05-2014, 12:18 AM

Thanks red witch. I need to send Kathie a message. We are only bring carry on luggage so probably no room for Gallo salami. I need my golf shoes. and pickle ball paddle. Can't wait to be in TV.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,317 Times in 2,054 Posts
Default Northern CA and Northern NV resident for quite a while.

I lived in Belmont, CA while working for Information Access Company (1984-1986) and loved my various trips into San Francisco to see plays and the like. After Belmont, CA I moved to Minneapolis to attend law school and work in libraries. That did not work out over the long run mainly because of my survivors' rights access to practical information advocacy, which saw me back in Northern California in late 1991 where we lived in Rohnert Park until moving to Palm Harbor, FL in 1996. We followed grandkids/nieces/nephew who had moved to Safety Harbor, FL from Rohnert Park. After the grandkids/nieces/nephews moved back to CA, we eventually came to the Villages in 2005.

Before living in Belmont, I had gone to the University of Denver to get a MA in Librarianship and Information Management (1983-1984). This was from my home base of Reno, Nevada where I grew up living there from about 1969 through 1983. I got two BAs from the University of Nevada, Reno. 1980/1981

I do miss the cultural opportunities you found in the Tampa and San Francisco Bay areas as well as that in the Twin Cities and Denver. I really loved going to plays and there were some first run theaters in San Francisco and Minneapolis/St. Paul.

Welcome to TOTV.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:37 PM

we moved from sacramento California...in July of this year...where do I go to join the California club? Patty
Old 08-27-2014, 03:16 PM

My husband lived at Edwards Air force Base in the 60,s. He loved living there but had to move as his father was getting out of the military. He than joined the Army but was never stationed back there. We love the Villages, as I am sure you will !
Old 09-26-2014, 02:24 PM

We have lived in multiple California cities and towns: I grew up in Sacramento. Lived in Redding, Mendocino, and Klamath River. Career years were mostly in San Francisco (banking.) Have lived in Titusville, Florida for the last 8 years. So many differences! Recently moved to the Village of Pinellas!
Old 10-24-2014, 04:37 AM

We are from Redlands CA. Just moved to TV, Charlotte Village in Brownwood. Haven't really met anyone other than our neighbors. Would some contact us and let us know how they started to become what I guess is called a true Villager.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:39 AM

We lived in Redlands, so you were practically in our backyard. We now are in TV, Charlotte Village in Brownwood. Would like to meet you. Not sure how to use this site yet. You can email us at phyllis228@msn.com

Phyllis and Alan
Old 10-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisnut View Post
We are "rainbirds" from northern California and have spent 4 winters in the Villages. There are many positives to the Villages but there are a few things that one will miss from California. We both enjoy all the activities and vibrant nature of the Villages. You will miss the fruits and vegetables are that are so common place in California. Also, the lack of diversity which is prevalent in California which makes it such a interesting State is not available here. One will also find that the left of center political attitudes are non existent here so that may be trying depending on your politics. We are thinking of establishing residency here but we will need to weigh these negatives against the positives of the Villages.
Hang in there pal, don't go, don't keep quiet. I always learn something with your posts. You, my friend would have made a great teacher.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.