Polo Ridge?

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2018, 03:00 PM
Default Polo Ridge?

Hello, all. We'll soon be making the move to The Villages and are looking forward to it. We have looked at homes in our price range in several Villages north of 466 -- Glenbrook, Chatham, Woodbury and Santiago -- and would feel comfortable buying in any of them. But the home that checks the most boxes as far as what we want is in Polo Ridge, and we're almost sure we'll make an offer on it in a day or two.

But before we do so, I'd like to hear from those who live or have lived in or near Polo Ridge. Anything we should know in the name of due diligence? Any negatives (traffic, noise, nearby odor producers, anything else)? And positives? It looks like a terrific place and conveniently located, but it's obviously impossible to get a handle on the situation based on our tour of the home and a quick look around.

Thank you in advance for responses, and we can't wait to become new residents!
Old 02-02-2018, 04:09 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papillons View Post
Hello, all. We'll soon be making the move to The Villages and are looking forward to it. We have looked at homes in our price range in several Villages north of 466 -- Glenbrook, Chatham, Woodbury and Santiago -- and would feel comfortable buying in any of them. But the home that checks the most boxes as far as what we want is in Polo Ridge, and we're almost sure we'll make an offer on it in a day or two.

But before we do so, I'd like to hear from those who live or have lived in or near Polo Ridge. Anything we should know in the name of due diligence? Any negatives (traffic, noise, nearby odor producers, anything else)? And positives? It looks like a terrific place and conveniently located, but it's obviously impossible to get a handle on the situation based on our tour of the home and a quick look around.

Thank you in advance for responses, and we can't wait to become new residents!
My favorite part of TV is area North of 466, less traffic, more mature landscaping etc. Only negative I can think of with Polo Ridge is that your nearest supermarkets, Publix and Walmart on 466 are very busy. I live in Woodbury and nearest Publix on 42 is probably least busy Publix in the Villages. Sent you a PM
Old 02-02-2018, 04:11 PM

We live in the Village of Glenbrook, which right next to Polo Ridge and I can't find anything wrong with this area. You are going to appreciate being so close to shopping and restaurants, plus the easy access to both the Spanish Springs and Lake Sumter Town squares. You are close to a great rec center (Saddlebrook) and not far from everything. Traffic is heavy on Buena Vista at times, but since there is a light at Polo Ridge, it shouldn't be a problem. Plus you also have an exit from this village onto 466 plus one through Summerhill so you probably have better access to the major roads than any other village in the entire complex.

And remember, all those people in the new southern areas complain about not having any stores or restaurants, and they are all around us. Easy access to Southern Trace, easy access to Lake Sumter, and easy access to 441. So I can't think of any reason to not choosing that village.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:24 PM
Platinum member

I live in Santiago and travel through Polo Ridge frequently. The three main streets are Southern Trace, Woodridge Dr. and Oak Forest. These streets have quite of bit of traffic. Southern Trace probably has the most. These homes are very convenient to Hawkes Bay and Saddlebrook Executive golf courses and Glenview Championship course. The Churchill complex of courses is just a short cart ride away. Southern Trace and Buffalo Ridge shopping areas are very close with a decent selection of restaurants. Publix is the closest grocery, but there is also Wal-Mart and The Fresh Market as alternatives. Polo Ridge is about the same distance from Spanish Springs and Lake Sumter Landing town Squares.

Polo Ridge is a good area. This area was on our list when we bought 5 years ago. We just found the “right” house in Santiago.
Old 02-02-2018, 04:38 PM
Veteran member

I think you make a list of things that are important to you and make your decision based on that. Most people love the area they are in probably because they found enough things they like about the property to make an "offer". Twice we brought in an area we said we would never buy in and guess what we finally bought a house in those areas because they satisfied more items on our list. We never looked back and loved both houses. Whats important to one person isn't necessarily important or as important to the next. If your a real newbie Renting in an area you think you like is a good idea to get a real feel for it, and your needs / likes will probably change as your here a few years but thats life in The Villages. Good Luck it's a big decision.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:20 PM
Platinum member

Great location !!!!
Old 02-02-2018, 09:02 PM

GLENBROOK (one year), GREAT LOCATION, IMHO.. Near everything that matters, Savana Center, Polo field, horses grazing, Glenview C.C.,,Southern Trace Plaza, a couple of rec. centers, Mature landscaping,,tunnel of trees cart path, for a romantic midnight cart ride under a full moon...Nice cart ride to Spanish Springs, Lake Sumter Landing..Not too long, and not too short..Buena Vista Blvd is just that, beautiful view, compared to Morse Blvd...Good luck!!
Old 02-02-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
We live in the Village of Glenbrook, which right next to Polo Ridge and I can't find anything wrong with this area. You are going to appreciate being so close to shopping and restaurants, plus the easy access to both the Spanish Springs and Lake Sumter Town squares. You are close to a great rec center (Saddlebrook) and not far from everything. Traffic is heavy on Buena Vista at times, but since there is a light at Polo Ridge, it shouldn't be a problem. Plus you also have an exit from this village onto 466 plus one through Summerhill so you probably have better access to the major roads than any other village in the entire complex.

And remember, all those people in the new southern areas complain about not having any stores or restaurants, and they are all around us. Easy access to Southern Trace, easy access to Lake Sumter, and easy access to 441. So I can't think of any reason to not choosing that village.

I looked to buy last May after one day visit in January 2017. First I wanted something below 466 and almost got a court yard near Brownwood. But, I finally got a house in Polo Ridge. My neighbors are very friendly and some are helpful too. I am so glad that I am in Polo Ridge and not down south as the location is very, very convenient to stores and places. I don't feel more congestion than other places. I will not live on major roads which not just Polo Ridge has houses on Southern Trace (major road), but all the villages have one or two. I don't feel congestion from Publix, the stores on 466 or Walmart. Walmart is 7 minutes by car and you can take a back road to it, not only taking 466. Easy access to 301 as well. And you can take that down to Brownwood without going through many, many roundabouts. We also have the regional creation center, Laurel Manor very near by, a beautiful one too.

I hope you decide to be in Polo Ridge and say Hi when you get here. We have the best Octoberfest dinner made by our German residents who live here since their house was built (better than in Germany, I found). Waiting to welcome you to Polo Ridge.

Ratana
Old 02-02-2018, 11:32 PM
Gold member

Love Polo Ridge. Been here 16 yrs & feel it is a perfect location.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:33 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Polo Ridge is a great location. My only advice is don’t wait too long to purchase or the house you have in mind will be gone!
Old 02-03-2018, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Smile

This is just my personal opinion, but I think you have made a great choice. You are within easy reach of everything you could possibly need, both locally and out on 441 which is just down the road.

I would mention something that no one else has - The Library on Belvedere opposite the school. I am a reader so for me having a library within easy reach by both car and golf cart is great, plus the school has some interesting events during the year.

Enjoy your new home and your new life!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-03-2018, 10:58 AM

Thank you for all the responses and great information!

And some breaking news: We made the offer on the Polo Ridge home shortly after I posted yesterday and found out this morning that the offer had been accepted. So, if all goes according to plan, we'll be joining you by the end of March -- yaaaay!
Old 02-03-2018, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:

And some breaking news: We made the offer on the Polo Ridge home shortly after I posted yesterday and found out this morning that the offer had been accepted. So, if all goes according to plan, we'll be joining you by the end of March -- yaaaay!
Congratulations! I bet you'll love it in Polo Ridge and I know you'll love making TV your new hometown.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Gold member

Polo Ridge is a great location! Just like what is mentioned in this video: THE BEST LOCATIONS IN THE VILLAGES - My Picks - YouTube
Old 02-03-2018, 02:24 PM

Quote:

Congrats, on the buy, area sells fast here .. Ralph Lauren, "POLO RIDGE", Now that is a classy name, worked out well for me...
Closed Thread

Tags
polo, ridge, villages, home, noise

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.