Post Office how to talk to postal services

Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2019, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts
Default Just what you need more hastles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Since I closed my house in Mallory Square some important mail is being sent to my address there. I will not be in TV for a few months and I tried to call the post office to ask what to do. The contact for Mallory Square post office on the web site redirected me to TV sales center. The lady at the sales center told me there is no phone at Mallory Square post office but that Lady Lake Post office handles all the mail. Then she said they have a phone number but they will not pick up, which it true as when I dialed I got a busy signal constantly. She suggested I go in person (from several thousand miles away). There must be another solution.
How does the postal service (which I assume is a government service) work in TV, or the county. How do I talk to someone?
Suggestions for others and perhaps old news but when we used to go on vacation we would go to the post office fill out the form on a face to face, to have our mail held several days before. It was perhaps more important than here at the Villages in that I was running a business. We had delivery to our door,
at no extra charge by the way, but, our mail box could not hold several days worth of mail. The batting average for the post office was close to zero over the many years we lived there.
We did it several days before so we would know if it was working. Generally, after asking for the post office manger by the second time it worked.

As I understand it you sold a place in the villages, bought another but are currently living out of state. Hopefully, things went well with your buyer. Perhaps, contact your real estate atty. If, necessary contact the buyer. You can surely send them a few bucks to forward your mail by priority mail. You can get a tracking number and track it on line. Someone suggested you send your broker to the post office. I doubt the would or even could do that. Surely the post office would insist on a picture ID that they are you.
Old 06-08-2019, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

I’m afraid I wasn’t working with real estate who were representing me. I was on my own. Can’t ask them to help that is why I kept asking for advice at TOTV site. Well, my husband was with me and he made suggestions... all of which I ended up following, but he is working so much he has no time or energy for my “projects”.
But I think I can take your other advice. I am so lucky to have all this help.
Closed Thread

Tags
office, post, mallory, square, service

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.