Problems with Lady Lake Post Ofc?

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2020, 08:06 PM
Thumbs down Problems with Lady Lake Post Ofc?

Just wondering if anybody has had a similar experience and any suggestions to help us obtain our letter containing our passports. Now over two weeks ago we had our passports mailed to us by friends in California using certified mail. About a week later we have not received them so we checked the tracking number which showed that they had arrived at the Lady Lake post office and we’re waiting to be scanned. Long story short we have now made three trips to talk to managers at the Lady Lake post office as well as the postal contractor that comes to our local Villa Verde postal building and all they can say is that it made it to the Lady Lake post office but nobody seems to know what happened to it, other than suggesting that it was dropped somewhere or put in somebody else’s mailbox at this point it seems they are just asking us to hope that whoever has it will bring it back to the post office with a return to the sender. So just wondering again if anybody has had a similar problem and if anythingOther than what we’re currently doing has helped thank you in advance.
Old 11-24-2020, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We had a Amex card sent directly to our home in TV. Tracking said arrived on lady lake Saturday. Thursday still no, and no explanation. Friday went to box before I called Amx. There was the envelope with yellow sticker could not be forwarded our up north home.
We stopped forwarding mail here August 1, this was November 17, that my priority Mail went missing. Took envelope to office, no excuse or explanation, but I equate the response the same as a missed Big Mac

We ordered $1000 of gift cards delivered to our daughter, up north, had her keep 3 $100 cards for kids birthdays, and she boxed rest. FedEx came 2 days later to our front porch.

I haven’t used USPS for last 5 years here. If company chooses to use them, I warn the I may never receive the priority Mail here. Unless it’s FedEx or UPS, non transfer to USPS I don’t bother

Op keep going to office the more they see you in person might push them into looking. If someone got it by mistake in TV they would put it in the wrong mailbox, or bring it to you themselves. Most everyone here us knows about missing Mail
Old 11-24-2020, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

I've had the Lady Lake post office lose several items with tracking numbers over the years. I fill out the complaint form and wait. A couple of times, some two months later the item would show up. A couple other times, it never did.

If and when I have a choice, I use Fedex or UPS for anything important.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:53 PM
Veteran member

I just filed a report for a missing USPS parcel. Tracking says it was delivered "In/At Mailbox" a week ago but it wasn't put in MY mailbox. I wrote a note to the mail person a few days later asking that he/she look around for it, as either the package OR a locker key was probably put in the wrong box (which has happened in the past). So far, nothing.

One of my biggest issues with The Villages is the mail delivery system. I buy lots of stuff online (have for many years) and I really miss having things delivered to my front door/personal mailbox. I know that newer (built in last 20 years) developments all have these horrid central mail stations but I hate them. Misplaced letters/parcels can be a real problem when so many people are only here part of the year.

kathy
Old 11-24-2020, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
I just filed a report for a missing USPS parcel. Tracking says it was delivered "In/At Mailbox" a week ago but it wasn't put in MY mailbox. I wrote a note to the mail person a few days later asking that he/she look around for it, as either the package OR a locker key was probably put in the wrong box (which has happened in the past). So far, nothing.

One of my biggest issues with The Villages is the mail delivery system. I buy lots of stuff online (have for many years) and I really miss having things delivered to my front door/personal mailbox. I know that newer (built in last 20 years) developments all have these horrid central mail stations but I hate them. Misplaced letters/parcels can be a real problem when so many people are only here part of the year.

kathy
Oh yeah, I didn't even mention when they put my stuff in someone else's locker or someone else's mail into mine. That happens a lot too. And most (not all) of the USPS contractors seem conscientious, but they turn over a lot, always new faces.
Old 11-24-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
probably still delivering ballets
That"s a good one!! BTW..Ballots is spelled with a "O"
Old 11-25-2020, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lchughart@gmail.com View Post
Just wondering if anybody has had a similar experience and any suggestions to help us obtain our letter containing our passports. Now over two weeks ago we had our passports mailed to us by friends in California using certified mail. About a week later we have not received them so we checked the tracking number which showed that they had arrived at the Lady Lake post office and we’re waiting to be scanned. Long story short we have now made three trips to talk to managers at the Lady Lake post office as well as the postal contractor that comes to our local Villa Verde postal building and all they can say is that it made it to the Lady Lake post office but nobody seems to know what happened to it, other than suggesting that it was dropped somewhere or put in somebody else’s mailbox at this point it seems they are just asking us to hope that whoever has it will bring it back to the post office with a return to the sender. So just wondering again if anybody has had a similar problem and if anythingOther than what we’re currently doing has helped thank you in advance.
After we moved in Feb, mail seemed to be coming as normal, then all of a sudden because it was being forwarded the headache began...we had multiple packages and first class mail that just kept circulating between our old and new address some made the loop over 7 times, I went in person to the main lady lake office and spoke to supervisors and got emails and had to look up all routing numbers and it took two more trips up from Fenney area and many more emails including one to the Postmaster and all toll about 2 months to fix this mess...needless to say I do NOT have any confidence in the local USPS..good luck it’s quite a battle....
Old 11-25-2020, 06:12 AM

Walgreen’s accepts packages on your behalf. Any important delivery we have goes there - like our wine shipments, which require signature.

Check with them to be sure they offer the service here.
Old 11-25-2020, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,688 Times in 5,234 Posts

I think the answer to the OP's question is that there is really nothing else they can do to find their package.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:34 AM

I stayed in The Villages in August-September and had to buy stamps to send my son a birthday card and check. After buying the stamps and putting one on the card I asked where to mail it and the clerk said she could do it for me. I handed it to her and it never made it to my son and check was never cashed. Don’t know if it was lost at Lady Lake or somewhere else but I did think it odd.
Old 11-25-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lchughart@gmail.com View Post

We have had the same problem with the Post office. Monday mail is always a problem. Mail an packages goes to some other address. Try to call no one answers the phone go up to speak to Post Master all ways in a meeting or gone. They definitely need new management
Old 11-25-2020, 10:54 AM

All of the above! The worst mail system ever, and no one seems to care.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:03 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts

I think most of us can agree the “pony express” is not what it use to be. The USPS (like many government (or quasi-government) offices have very good employees and some bad employees. The primary difference is in the private sector it is much easier to fire the non-producing incompetent employee. I retired from a government position many moons ago and I could recall instances where trying to fire and incompetent employee caused supervisors to almost loose their job instead of the incompetent employee. It’s likely a more frustrating situation today. That said, over the years we have had several pieces of relatively important pieces of mail that have never showed up to our Village mailbox. It’s frustrating especially when there is no accountability. It’s a sign of the times so we might as well get over it and move on.
Old 11-25-2020, 11:32 AM

This is not uncommon since the contractors that put mail in our boxes are just that "contractors", not employees. We never get mail on Saturdays and believe that the contractor only does one side of the building on Saturday and ignores the other. Or they just quit when they feel like it and put it in the next day. I have had mail take two weeks to arrive from PA after being dropped at a regional post office up north.

If you really need to mail something you must take it inside at the Lady Lake main postal station and give it to an employee for a postmark or drop it in the slot. However, I have had delays when I drop it in the slot as well.
Old 11-25-2020, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Wow, knocking on wood here. So far no mail lost or misplaced (6 years), just days late sometimes.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
post, office, lake, lady, we’re

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.