Put a deposit down in TV of St. James

Closed Thread
Old 10-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Default We can't wait

We have rented a Villa for next April to look at our lot and select the options for our new home. This will be our last winter in Ohio.
Bill
Old 10-14-2010, 12:48 PM

Hello all,
This seems to be the thread for all folks from Ohio, so I just had to chime in. My husband and I are hoping to be full time at our home in TV sometime in January, so I definitely get the excitement about being near the end of winters in Ohio. The last few have been outrageous, haven't they? I can't wait until the average February day is just "another great day in The Villages!"
Old 10-14-2010, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

TV is fabulous, you'll love it, congratulations!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Veteran member

Have ties to Ohio. Lived in Findlay for 40 years. Daughter lived in Columbus and graduated from OSU Vet school in 2008. Parents from Cincinnati. Anyone familiar with Ohio winters understands the draw of TV! May this be the last winter for all of you Ohio people!

Becky
Old 10-14-2010, 08:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sands View Post
Hello all,
This seems to be the thread for all folks from Ohio, so I just had to chime in. My husband and I are hoping to be full time at our home in TV sometime in January, so I definitely get the excitement about being near the end of winters in Ohio. The last few have been outrageous, haven't they? I can't wait until the average February day is just "another great day in The Villages!"
That's great news, Sands. All best wishes!
Old 11-01-2010, 10:40 AM
Location: OH, CT, VA, KS, PA, GA, Raleigh, NC (2012 St. James)

Congratulations to Bill & Terri (and all the other lucky people who decided to purchase in St. James)! We'll be neighbors! My husband & I were just down there & purchased Lot #72, also on Yankee Clipper Run. I grew up in Ohio & attended OSU - looks like there will be quite a few Buckeyes living in St. James. We are excited about the neighborhood, its location & TV in general - & close to Brownwood (eventually)! Enjoy selecting your options when you return. See you in a year or so!
Old 11-01-2010, 11:49 AM
Veteran member
Smile

Welcome to TV. St. James appears to be a great location!
Old 11-01-2010, 04:46 PM

Welcome to the neighborhood. We made the trek down I-75 from Ohio this past mid-May to St Charles, right across Yankee Clipper, and I'll assure you there are no skid marks. There has been 30 degrees temperture difference between Dayton and The Villages for several days in a row, and fall is just getting underway. Drove over that way this past weekend and it is really starting to blossom, with street lights being the most evidence and nearly complete mail room and other infrastructure. Again, WELCOME !
Old 11-02-2010, 07:25 PM

Thank you to all the well wishers. We're definitely getting excited, but have a lot to do to get ready. I get heart palpatations at the thought of clearing out my basement, but have made some progress.

MustangSally, looks like we'll be just a couple blocks away from each other. When will you be making the move? You're right, it sounds like we'll have plenty of Buckeyes for company. We're looking forward to April to see how St. James is shaping up.
Terri
Old 11-04-2010, 03:02 PM

Terri, we don't expect to move down until late 2011 or early 2012, unless I can get rid of LOTS of stuff sooner! That doesn't seem too likely at this point - it's really pretty overwhelming! We also have 6 grandchildren here & a number of activities that keep me very busy. Guess I'll be going into panic mode after the holidays...!!
Old 11-24-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSally View Post
Congratulations to Bill & Terri (and all the other lucky people who decided to purchase in St. James)! We'll be neighbors! My husband & I were just down there & purchased Lot #72, also on Yankee Clipper Run. I grew up in Ohio & attended OSU - looks like there will be quite a few Buckeyes living in St. James. We are excited about the neighborhood, its location & TV in general - & close to Brownwood (eventually)! Enjoy selecting your options when you return. See you in a year or so!
Hi Mustang Sally,
I wrote on a different thread this morning and Bill (lot #95) wrote back. My name is Linda and my husband is Sandy and we also bought on Yankee Clipper Run. We are lot #69, not far from you. We were going back and forth with lot #69 and #71. The final decision came down to the size of the backyard. We are putting a pool in and lot #69 was a perfect fit for it. I think we are going to have a great neighborhood, as I write this I am getting excited!
Linda
Old 11-27-2010, 12:35 PM

Congratulations Linda and Sandy! My husband, Jan, and I look forward to meeting you! Every time I read TOTV I am more anxious to move down. We are going with a hot tub in the lanai as we need the yard for our Greyhounds. They are very gentle and very well behaved. (And we are VERY responsible pet owners, i.e. we do not allow them to relieve themselves in neighbors' yards! So you won't have to worry about that if you don't happen to be pet lovers!) See you in 2011/2012!!
Old 11-27-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSally View Post
Congratulations Linda and Sandy! My husband, Jan, and I look forward to meeting you! Every time I read TOTV I am more anxious to move down. We are going with a hot tub in the lanai as we need the yard for our Greyhounds. They are very gentle and very well behaved. (And we are VERY responsible pet owners, i.e. we do not allow them to relieve themselves in neighbors' yards! So you won't have to worry about that if you don't happen to be pet lovers!) See you in 2011/2012!!
Same here about being excited! As far as your dogs, no problem with us, we are animal lovers!!! Sadly we don't have a dog anymore, our little Bichon passed away 2 1/2 years ago. We will get another dog someday, but right now the time is not right. Are your dogs full size Greyhounds? My sister has 3 Italian Greyhounds and they are great dogs.
Which designer model are you building?
Linda
Old 12-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Default We are Building on Capstan Ct, too!

We are building a Holly model on Capstan Ct, closing date to be 1/18. We are excited and anxious to get away from the IN winters (it is snowing right now!) We really think we will like this location and are gleaning all info we can from all the other posters. Thanks for all the valuable info, can't wait to get there.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by INquilter View Post
We are building a Holly model on Capstan Ct, closing date to be 1/18. We are excited and anxious to get away from the IN winters (it is snowing right now!) We really think we will like this location and are gleaning all info we can from all the other posters. Thanks for all the valuable info, can't wait to get there.
We close on our Holly on Capstan Ct on 1/11.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.