Qualty vs price of house

Qualty vs price of house

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 05-07-2019, 08:51 PM

I would like to purchase near one of the town squares. Can you tell me which you prefer and why you prefer it. Husband and I like to be near stores. We are not golfers so being near a course is not important.

Thanks

Old 05-07-2019, 09:09 PM
Sage

Location: Smithville (Kansas City) Mo./ Megan Villas, Sanibel TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I would like to purchase near one of the town squares. Can you tell me which you prefer and why you prefer it. Husband and I like to be near stores. We are not golfers so being near a course is not important.

Thanks
Our favorite is Sumter Landing although we often go to Spanish Springs and Brownwood. Sumter has the stores and restaurants we like and the square is the best in our opinion. If you want walkability to Sumter there is Creekside Landing and Village of Bridgeport, Edgewater are right there. Caroline, Virginia Trace, Sable Chase, Mallory are very close. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2019, 09:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Our favorite is Sumter Landing although we often go to Spanish Springs and Brownwood. Sumter has the stores and restaurants we like and the square is the best in our opinion. If you want walkability to Sumter there is Creekside Landing and Village of Bridgeport, Edgewater are right there. Caroline, Virginia Trace, Sable Chase, Mallory are very close. Good luck
I will second that.

While we don't visit Brownwood much, Spanish Springs Square is fairly close from Lake Sumpter Landing area Villages.

Other Villages to think about in the LSL area, are Tall Trees, Winifred and a few others.

These Villages, plus the ones eweissenbach mentioned, are also convenient to Southern Trace shopping center that has a nice Publix, as well as restaurants, an ACE hardware and a CVS plus a Walgreens close by. In addition, a number of banks are in this area too.

And then there's Wallyworld, which is just a little further down the road from Southern Trace.

The best thing to do, if possible, is to rent for at least a couple of weeks (if not longer) and cruise around...to see what you think will fit your needs best.

Good luck.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post

Thanks
If you like to shop for clothing, Spanish Springs has Chicos, Talbots, and Soft Surroundings. I've gone to Talbots so much since it opened they gave me a change-of-address card.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBoroden View Post
Hello, Joe here from Shreveport, LA. My wife and I are exploring retirement locations in about 3 years. We have 8 kids between us and also 10 siblings. Thinking of central Florida so they will be enticed to visit us instead of mostly us traveling all over the country.

We are going to do a Lifestyle visit for the first time in May for 4 days. We are very interested in all the positives we have been reading about.

Our only concern so far is that the price per square foot and quality of homes via pictures are more expensive and lower quality than we are used to.

We have a $350k home near Bossier City, LA with 2700 sq fr, a huge kitchen with granite, 3 bedrooms, a large bonus room, 3.5 baths with granite in every one, a kitchen in backyard with granite, crown moldings everywhere. Seems like a similar home would be like $600-800K in The Villages.

For those already there, can you comment on quality and price of homes?

Thanks! Joe
I think you will have to review the homes and make up your mind. The quality will change as sub contractors change. Remember some homes have bonds so add this into the cost of the home. I would try and rent for a few weeks or months in the area you think you want to buy in. I think you are correct in your observations.

Tags
quality, price, homes, home, visit