Question about buying a home in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 11-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,316 Times in 870 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
The Pros and Cons of New Vs Used were just what I thought.

Interesting point about making friends. My brother moved into a new home about three years ago. The neighbors were all very interested in making friends and attended socials, events and gatherings together.
That was three years ago and the dynamic has changed. Some neighbors don't like each other anymore, some have naturally made other friends and the good feelings have ebbed somewhat. I guess it is natural.

I thank everyone for their replies. My fiance and I will be down again in the winter to begin kicking the tires so to speak. I still am not 100% convinced (after about 5 visits to TV) that it is the place for me. I see many plusses to the Villages but also cringe at the sameness of the homes, the "Disneyland" feel, and HOA style ownership (very few in my area).
Not sure how long your visits have been but if, after 5 visits, you aren't convinced this is the place for you maybe you should explore other similar communities across the country to compare. This place isn't for everyone and trying to "make it fit" probably won't work.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 11-03-2014, 01:52 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,314 Times in 383 Posts

Our visits were generally around a week long. We definitely need to go down again, perhaps for a longer period of time, and see if this really is where we want to settle.

I never was big on Over 55 communities and prefer to live in a place with mixed ages. Although, as I have gotten older, I can see why these communities are appealing. As I said before...I see lots of plusses but also as many negatives with living in the Villages.

Thanks again for all your comments.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:11 PM
Gold member

We said the same thing so first moved to Winter Park and were bored. Visited friends and changed our minds immediately.
Been here since 2012.
61 in December and never been so busy.
Love it.
Old 12-11-2014, 02:03 PM

You don't pay the bond upfront when you buy your house. It is billed with your taxes, and most take around 10 years to pay off. Is this correct?
Old 12-11-2014, 03:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
You don't pay the bond upfront when you buy your house. It is billed with your taxes, and most take around 10 years to pay off. Is this correct?
You can pay the bond at purchase if you want.

Here is the bond information:
Village Community Development Districts

Village Community Development Districts

Paying Off Your Bond

VCDD Bond FAQs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.